New Northeastern Pa Build

Good plan of action Jim. My experience with the salt is that it takes awhile for the automation equipment to show a reading close to my test water so go slowly...

As for your projects it would go much faster if you weren't always galavanting around the country, fishing or blinging out the Lego's :p

Be careful Kim. Cliff knows I got a lot more going on outside right now. Lol

Ya it’s killing me bit last night I was all over the place.

Washing my fireplace brick. While that was drying the son and myself cleaned up a bit then I started in on the low volt cleanup in the pool house cause that is the prime priority. Then my buddy showed up so I got derailed to do the corners on the building for the brick so we can pull lines tonight and get setup for brick. And I think I was hussled at the same time to labor for my brick. Mixing the mud. Worse possible job to get stuck with in the summer heat. Lol he left and I had to clean up around the pool cause wall-e was doing his thing. I brushed my tile line.

Ya so basement. Back burner right now. Lol

tonight i do not go to bed till my salt is in! I have to grab it from my parents basement and get it in!!!

i did my salt level and cya this morning. I’m at 900-1000 for salt and 50 for cya.

So im going to shoot for 3200 vs higher for now and shoot for 70 to be safe.

Jim

glad u guys r having fun. lol

seriously though. . . lol

i got my salt in FINALLY!

I'll check it tomorrow night. I also knocked my PH down to 7.6. I might take it down to 7.5 tomorrow.

I went to put my new high volt cover on my easy touch tonight. Now that I don't have breakers in there I didn't want that open space to be seen for the breakers. So i ordered a new cover. ya i bet u guys are surprised something like that would bother me. lol

wrong part. i knew it was wrong when i talked to pentair. i looked it up and it didn't look right. i told them it was wrong and they said don't go by the picture.

ya right i should have. so it's going back. i got to call them tomorrow and se what the actually right part number is. i have 2 part numbers that i know are right but don't know what the diff is between each part number.

my buddy sent his guy over to sheet the rest of the inside of the pool house. almost done. they even sheeted the bathroom so i'm ready for ship lap in there. i didn't think we were going there yet. the storage area is getting all sheeted too. i didn't plan on it but he said it will drive me crazy if we don't do it. lol

now. . . BRICK! half of them are sitting here. hopefully by end of week.

jim

what?????? who me??????? :slidehalo:

"Oh it is the right one.........don't go by the picture" DUH then why did you use that picture???? gurrrrrrr

Sounds like your buddy knows you and is not afraid to "go behind your back" to make it like he knows you would want it! Good buddy to have!

It is getting done fast it seems like to me!

Kim:kim:

We were moving till now. Once my brick starts will be very slow. My dads best friend who is the main mason is having a knee replacement today. So his kid brother who is my buddy who has been doing everything pretty much is going to start us bit I’ll only have him after work and weekends. He still seems to think by July 1st we can have it knocked out. I’m skeptical. Lol

When He had the other knee done last year he was back in the woods muzzleloader hunting two weeks later. So we shall see. I know he is a bear but 2 weeks is quick for a knee. 4 is the typical for someone is good shape.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
so last night it rained so i parked myself in my utility room. so hard working in that area anymore cause there is just so much wiring. I'm up to 3 service panels and 2 low volt ones and the 1 joist I have for running everything is getting pretty filled.

took me 4 hours just to get each set of wires to their destination. i didn't do anything else yet. at least the room is cleaned back up.

Untitled by Jim, on Flickr

the pool sub panel wiring is also finally in a conduit into the panel it was taken from.

today i got to get my back porch all cleaned fro mothers day. i dropped the bot in before work cause we got a wicked storm so lots of junk in the pool. tossed in some MA to get my PH down a bit and added another 40 lb of salt. i'm thinking i'm going to need 1 more bag and i will be set. i'll wait till tomorrow afternoon to test the salt again and decide.

jim

Lol Kim. It’s non stop. Cleaned and setup the back porch and front porch tonight. Trying to get some stuff in my new storage area so I can reclaim my garage floor somewhat. Lol

my daughter has first communion tomorrow so tomorrow is a day of rest. Lol

One place at a time until the last place is hot mess due to it being a dumping ground from all of the others :roll: BUT once you have a couple of hours to put your head down and power through the last of it you will be done AT THAT MOMENT!

I hope we get to see a pic of your sweet daughter! What a special time in her life :hug:

Kim:kim:

Figured I would throw up my numbers since I have been pounding away getting my salt up and going. As of now the unit is still of cause I'm adjusting my CYA to 70. Today I added 51oz of CYA in a sock in front of my return. It's all in.

Temp: 68
TA: 80
CH: 375
FC: 6 taking to 9 tonight
CC: 0
PH: 7.5 cause of the CYA addition
CYA: 60
Salt: 3400-3600
CSI: -0.36

Tomorrow I'll test my Salt with the unit on and I'll test my CYA to see if I need to add more. I will prob still be below 70.

Happy Memorial Day friends. Hope you are all having a good weekend. We ended up with a decent day today with only rain early in the AM. Tomorrow is going to be clear now also.

Some pics since you all like pics.

finally a cleaned up pad!

organized chaos. everything in in conduit into the building. will look better when covered but everything came out very very nice for future access.
that splice box is the salt cell wire. so when i pull the cell i don't have to touch the easy touch inside.

and all electrical is spliced in this one for easy removal of equipment if needed without needing to touch sub panel.

easy touch and structured wire panel. walls are just staying like this cause it's storage. makes it nice and easy for attaching to.

sub panel

finally organized for the room also.

that's what I got for now. i'll get some pics of the rest of the building when I get a chance.

was busy getting my garden in along with some annuals for the first time. i'm so not an annual person. was so confused at he greenhouse today. I like my perennials!

salt is going well. I'm keeping in my range so far. i test each AM and PM so I can see how it's acting throughout the day and night. once i feel comfortable i'll stop testing each day.

night everyone. be safe. have fun.

jim

Jim your work is so clean and looks great...Have a great Memorial Day buddy!

thanks man! have fun with the family and especially those grandkids!

- - - Updated - - -

You’ve made huge progress! Everything looks lovely and tidy. Must feel good to get to this point of the project.

it does. i'm more frustrated we haven't started the brick yet. i was so ahead of the curve, but his surgery couldn't wait so that is life. but yes for having no plans like so many people here it deff is coming exactly like my paper and napkin drawings were. few changes and teaks here and there but all in all no major issues.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.