New Northeastern Pa Build

so this morning i woke up and was wondering how i could waste some money today while i was brushing the pool. oh i know! lets move the swingset 6 feet away from the pool! yup had to move it a mere 6 feet cause of the fence the kids would have been smashing themselves off of it coming down the straight slide. so while the guy who i have stain it each year is here staining it they r moving it too. he had to come today cause he is so backed up from the rain. he is great though he comes up on his own to stain it each year even though i'm out of their service area. he does them on the side. i am very lucky cause i just don't have the patience to do it myself and no way i could find someone around here to do it for a resealable amount. he installs them all day for rainbow and does maintain ace cals so he knows them in and out. it was crazy to watch him put it together the first time. no manual and a pile of nuts and bolts and didn't hesitate on a single piece. was nuts. he has the whole thing broken down already in 1 hour.

Untitled by Jim, on Flickr

this was one of the boo boos when we planned. my builder wanted the steps to line up with the patio steps so he twisted and shifted the pool 6 feet before we dug. hence the 6 foot move for the swings. lol

hope he likes Carnitas and spiedies cause that's what he is getting for lunch. lol

- - - Updated - - -

Love it all! Makes life easy in the long run........plan for WHEN some thing needs to be done. Good job!

Kim:kim:

kim you know me. . . worry a lot and plan for the worse in the future. lol

so this morning i woke up and was wondering how i could waste some money today while i was brushing the pool. oh i know! lets move the swingset 6 feet away from the pool! yup had to move it a mere 6 feet cause of the fence the kids would have been smashing themselves off of it coming down the straight slide. so while the guy who i have stain it each year is here staining it they r moving it too. he had to come today cause he is so backed up from the rain. he is great though he comes up on his own to stain it each year even though i'm out of their service area. he does them on the side. i am very lucky cause i just don't have the patience to do it myself and no way i could find someone around here to do it for a resealable amount. he installs them all day for rainbow and does maintain ace cals so he knows them in and out. it was crazy to watch him put it together the first time. no manual and a pile of nuts and bolts and didn't hesitate on a single piece. was nuts. he has the whole thing broken down already in 1 hour.

this was one of the boo boos when we planned. my builder wanted the steps to line up with the patio steps so he twisted and shifted the pool 6 feet before we dug. hence the 6 foot move for the swings. lol

hope he likes Carnitas and spiedies cause that's what he is getting for lunch. lol

- - - Updated - - -

kim you know me. . . worry a lot and plan for the worse in the future. lol

Taking care of your helpers and planning are just two of reasons I admire you so!!! :hug:

Do I correctly remember you moving the playset before the dig?! Things like this just need to be done though. Tick another thing off your list.

we were suppose to but the guy doing it was so busy I said lets wait till next year. the fence isn't up yet so it isn't an issue yet.

- - - Updated - - -

Taking care of your helpers and planning are just two of reasons I admire you so!!! :hug:

thanks kim. i try to keep everyone happy. they are moving though. they prob won't even be here by the time we eat. lol

- - - Updated - - -

moving along!

ya i hear ya. i am glad we waited.

so note to self when turning ur heater on from ur phone even though it says its on it might not be on! and also even though u see a flame on the easy touch panel don't assume again! i lost 3 hours of heating cause the relay in the easy touch came unplugged cause we used solid wire vs stranded. it popped out cause the wire didn't bend! and stupid me i actually walked over to the heater and thought it was on cause i heard the water rushing through not realizing it is cold and not hot!!!!!!

jim

here are some pre brick pics of where we r at. . .

IMG_0152 by Jim, on Flickr
there is going to be a privacy wall coming off the building to hide the equipment. it's main function will to change the elevation from the equipment to the building so the slope into my neighbor is a lot less.

IMG_0151 by Jim, on Flickr
the fence comes straight across from house to building but on the pavers for ease of care. it just happened to lay out properly.

IMG_0150 by Jim, on Flickr
fireplace living space

IMG_0149 by Jim, on Flickr
kitchen

IMG_0148 by Jim, on Flickr
wall for tv in living space

IMG_0145 by Jim, on Flickr
half bath

IMG_0146 by Jim, on Flickr
full view

hopefully they start brick tomorrow.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
well here we go. i was sick as a dog yesterday. managed to roll out of bed to joe and my dad setting up to start the brick tomorrow. i asked joe where the laborer is. he said he had calls in. my dad is like i'll just mix. i said no your 75 and the bags are 80 lbs. there is no way u can keep up with joe without getting hurt. ya mean but the truth. 10 years ago he barely kept up to do my house and hurt his back twice. lol he is in better shape than most 75 year old but he has limits now and see that. luckily joe has my buddy's kid on the hold for a laborer. so we r ok for now i guess. joe can easily do the brick on his own with 1 other laborer. i hope. he is so good. lets hope that knee holds up. 21 days post op only. lol

Sorry to hear you are not well. Love your dad for offering to help out but glad you found another solution. Hope you are feeling better soon.

thanks man. 10 years ago he was able to but now it's just pushing it. can he ya prob. . . safely. . . good question. . . lol i got plenty of other stuff to take up his time. lol

laborers are hard cause it's a tough day of work. mixing and barreling all day to keep up with the guys laying is hard and you are moving non stop to keep pans full and wet enough and bricks stacked. but for my job it's just one guy laying so it's deff a lot easier.

i think tomorrow my buddy is laying with his brother and my buddy's kid is laboring again.

- - - Updated - - -

Please he just needs to eat:

View attachment 79640

again with that food pic! lol i actually ate dinner. so far so good! lol

cliff. . . cliff. . . cliff

Here is hoping everything lines up for this to get done! No sick Jim, Dad not over doing it, laborers showing up, Joe's knee being able to take it.

To my your build will be purrfect for Joe to get back to work on........it is a smaller job, it is for a friend, he has help, AND he can stop when he needs to and knows you will understand!

Kim:kim:

I have nothing to add...

- - - Updated - - -

Just want to be the 1000th post!!

- - - Updated - - -

I say, 1000th post!

- - - Updated - - -

I SAY... 1000th POST!!

- - - Updated - - -

Now?

- - - Updated - - -

How about now?

- - - Updated - - -

Ding it!

- - - Updated - - -

Seriously?!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.