New Northeastern Pa Build

I thought for a minute your cardboard setup was child safety fence for parents who didn't really care about their kids safety!

I'm sure it's good to have the sanding project completed.

I thought for a minute your cardboard setup was child safety fence for parents who didn't really care about their kids safety!

I'm sure it's good to have the sanding project completed.

lol actually it pulls double duty. lol

ya glad it's over. No poly in the pool!

- - - Updated - - -

mighty fancy fence you put up...

between the orange one and then that one im deff bringing down property value in the development. Lol

Last night we shot elevations and laid out the pool house footers. Oh man it is a lot bigger than I thought. I am totally blocking out any view across my yard my neighbor had and I'm kinda crowding my house corner more than I thought but I can't move it anymore. I lost 1.5 feet of lower decking too but the face of the house is open so it will just flow into it. I do have to more the temp easytouch panel setup though. It's right in the dig line. Ticked off about that. Was stupid on my part but I got a lot going on. So far that really is the only mistake we had. But again it's temp anyway.

Kim. U all ok? I hope so!

im complaining about my first world problems and You guys were getting whomped down there.

Last night i filled in some little pins holes throughout my paver deck. Not too many. Looks good. Then decided to remove the orange drain tape. And that's when the nightmare began. It won't all come off. I got all kinda residue that is orange glue partial tape that is left behind. Goo gone didn't touch it. I grabbed a bottle of lac thinner down my buddy's shop and I'm going to gentle hit it with that tonight. I don't really know what else to do. I know u mentioned u had duct tape issues I think in the past. What did u use? I got those too. The duct tape I covered a small area on the drain with also is all stuck.

Acetone worked for me but have water right there to rinse it good. I got mine on the siding of the pool house :( sticky, icky mess. I also followed up with a dawn dishing washing wash and rinse.

Kim (we got power back just as I was leaving work today!!! YEAH for a hot shower!)

Untitled by Jim, on Flickr

you can see the closeness of the house to the corner of the building but it will make for a nice private entrance. fince will come off corner of house into corner of building. i'll have a small paver pad meet u at the fence and gras from there. all at elevation. there will be a retaining wall which will be planters that wrap from my porch around to the almost corner of the house lifted up. about 8 feet wide from corner of house to building corner. this wall will also block out anyone from seeing into the back yard at all now from the road coming up or down. I wanted that. as many know living in a development can be weird at times. I wanted country but wanted ot be near my parents. my wife wanted the same but no way you were getting my father to move out of the town his family came to live in from Italy. so we chose to give up our privacy.

you can see the yellow line. shows the 44x14 foot outline of the building for footers. ya it looks like its ontop of the bottom of the future steps. only 10 feet now cause I decided to not hug my property line as much for the easement to my neighbor. I'm 12 feet back vs 10 so my decking is 10 only now but face of pool house is open so it will look larger. I hope!

there it is for now. I'm off to my buddies cabin to fish this weekend and then next week he will start to dig he said. he said I don't need to think about anything till after the footers are in. he said then I can worry about sewer drops. then his brother and I guess my dad will start frost walls. we are going to leave a big ol opening in the frost wall for all the conduits vs cutting through the concrete block with holes. we will just line up all our 2 inch conduit in the window and backfill. they will stick up through future concrete pad. doesn't matter if frost wall has a few holes in it that are just backfilled anyway.

will be easier than drilling all those holes. like I think I'm u to 8.

jim

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Sounds like a solid plan! I like how it will block the view from others. You say fence and gate. I am hoping there will be at least a walk through gate there. Lockable for sure!

Have fun fishing! Make sure to take and share pics and tell us all of the fun you have!

Kim:kim:

Oh ya a gate. A 3.0 foot gate there and one on the other side of yard too.

Should be a fun day up atcthe cabin. I hope my wife get pulled in the water by a big one! Lol. Just kidding. I hope she does land a lunker though! Big big pickerel in there. Big! They r a pain to deal with but oh so fun to catch!

jim

waiting on the guys to do my footers for the pool house.

so this weekend went up to my buddy's cabin. years ago my dad's generation of friends had theirs next door. then a few years later my buddy's generation built their cabin. my dad's generation sold theirs off years ago cause no one hunted anymore. myself and the other kids were all off to college or spread throughout the area and no one used it. but my buddy's is still used a lot. we went up to do some fishing cause we haven't gotten out much this year with being busy with the pool build. so we hauled the yak's up to no man's land and decided to see if we could slay some swamp monsters. stop 1 was an awesome awesome pond owned by a guy he knew and had permission to fish it. hot day. . . I did pretty good. picked up those 3 bass. I caught a bluegill and as I was bringing it in lou goes "what's that. . . look" a fish was chasing the gill as I was bringing it in and hit it at the boat, but didn't get it in it's mouth! that was a first. we said it was either a 10 lb bass or a really brave perch. lol perch will go after fish the same size as themselves for those not familiar with them. Louis was trying to catch 10 lb bass so he ended up empty. bunch of smaller stuff he didn't keep and a few pickerel. my wife and her first time out this year couldn't get away from the small bluegills so she was constantly dealing with that and loosing bait. lou's girlfriend caught those 4 bluegills.

then we headed back and ate. after dinner lou wanted to go to another pond which was .5 miles into the woods off the road. so we portaged the 4 yak's in and got setup. this place was a prime prime untouched pond. big. tone or structure and cover. my prediction was someone is getting pulled out of a yak cause of the big fish in here. lol well lou, his girl and myself. . . skunked! my wife though. miss horseshoe. crushed it. 8 perch in 1 spot in like an hour. she caught them all on the simplest setup known. the weekend warrior worm on a bobber 6 inches down. largest was 14 and smallest was 12 inches. I couldn't get over it. lou said these were small ones for in here. lol I never saw perch so big and fat. I mean I have caught 12 inch ones before but never 14 inches. some were pulling her in the yak. it was so funny. I was so happy for her. I didn't fish much there cause I had to stay by her and help her with the fish and re-tieing hooks cause there were lots of weeds. crazy. were all couldn't get over it. we were all fishing around her and she was the only one catching. I swear it's my lucky blue bobber. she was using it. I swear by this thing. lol I have had it for 5 years now. it's the only one I use. I have done through a lot to keep it safe. lol so at dark we headed out in the pitch dark with yak's in tow and a pack of coyotes barking away on the other side of the pond. that was a fast walk bad.

good good times. I know not pool related but figured those following wouldn't mind the side story. you all know I seem to get sidetracked pretty easy. my attention span is pretty small! lol

Well I got a new hole in the yard. My neighbors prob were like what the. The pool is already done. They hogged out by my porch and are digging the footers. I can already see where and how long my retaining walls need to be. We decided that when we pour the pads we r going to overpour them so the retaining walls can sit in the pad. Yes it’s not full footers but better than just compacted earth. My easy touch panel got moved but it was still too close so we have a racket strap holding it up tied to a stake. I like to keep it red neck so between the overgrown grass the ripped up side of he house the orange fence and now this I’m doing a good job I feel. Lol

pour by Tuesday. I got to order block and supplIes for the frost walls then the senior citizens take over for the block. Lol. Louis is going to help his brother. My dad is way too busy with my kids to and from school and speech therapy for the 2 of them to be any help really.

kim. . . i got at least 2 more summers left in this build! lol i won't even get to my landscaping next year. i'm hoping to knock out the pool house and rest of hard scape. oh and my speakers for around the pool.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.