Conversion in Progress...Now Complete!

Re: Conversion in progress...

What a difference a few hours make! :shock:

comparison6-1-09.jpg

This was taken just a few minutes ago!!! (it's a little greener than what it looks on here but I can see a blue-green tint coming through) :whoot:

IMG_3349.jpg

That green looks to me like metals in the water. When there are metals in the water and you have high FC levels the water can turn a clear transparent green that looks just like your pictures.

Have you had any problems with metals before?

Could the green be because there's still some Baqua-Crud in there? There's a couple of small spots that keep settling in the middle & we've been chasing down with the vacuum. It gets smaller each time so hopefully we can get the rest of that little glob out today.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

I need to take some stuff back to the pool store and exchange for some CYA so I'll just have them to test some water while I'm there.

It is a little less Mtn Dew-ish in color this morning. lol

Back from the pool store to exchange my stuff. The girl acted like she didn't want to sell me the CYA because 'the tablets and stuff have it in there already.' So I told her that I was using liquid instead (didn't tell her what kind of liquid chlorine :p ) Any ways, she kept stalling and saying she wouldn't recommend that I use it but she would go ahead and sell it to me. Like she was doing me a big favor. :roll: As my 6 yr old would say, whatEVER. She knew I wouldn't be spending as much money on their 'recommended' Crud chemicals. :lol:

She finally shut up when I told her I had a test kit that measured the CYA levels and I've done my homework the past few days. So, I have fresh sand, CYA on hand so now I think I'll go sit on the deck & wait on the last part of the conversion. lol

Hi Jennifer,

What a great job with your pic side-by-side comparisons! :goodjob:

I may be a bit color challenged, but it looks muuuuuuch more blue to me today :lol:

Can't wait for the next one! ::epds::

Have update & question. The pool is much clearer today, just barely has a green tint. :whoot:

Didn't get to take any pics since its been storming. And that leads to my question, how will the rain/storms tonight & tomorrow affect my conversion? I'm assuming it won't derail the process, just slow it down a bit, maybe.

The storm might require several ppm of chlorine, like maybe 5 ppm in a really extreme case and more likely 1 or 2. You will barely notice it. If the storm puts any debris in the pool, you will want to remove as much of it as you can.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.