Think i may need help soon!

I got a little waterproof container that you can put things in that you don't want to get wet and I attached a hair band to the top of it and then looped around the top of my flat net. It floats around in my pool all the time with the container tucked up under one of the corners so that it's kind of at an angle and probably close to 98% of the bugs in my pool end up on it without me having to go chase them downView attachment 51783

- - - Updated - - -

View attachment 51784

Like this :)

Did I tell you MY way of doing the CYA test? Here is what I do and it has saved my sanity with this test.

-back to sun, tube a tummy in the shade of my body. Pour the mixture to the first line (100) and GLANCE in. IF you see the dot, pour to the next line and GLANCE in. Do this line by line until you cannot see the dot when you GLANCE in. We will have you round up to the next line anyway to might as well just go line by line.

Just GLANCE in. Do NOT stare because you will end up seeing it LOL

LOVE the bug catcher! I see an trip to the store for me to make one!

Kim:cat:

Just spent a very sunny day swimming with a load of 3 people and my free chlorine is down to one my pH is holding at 7.5 and my ta seems to be about 200. I am put everything except the alkalinity as I was told we weren't going to mess with that for the moment and it is telling me to put in 73 ounces of bleach 10%. We'll give it a little bit and see if anybody has other suggestions before I proceed otherwise I'm going to go for it and I'll let you all know how things are tomorrow. The pool was absolutely clear and sparkly all day long and still look pretty darn good

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I tried to find some liquid on the way home with my brother and his wife yesterday but all I was able to find was dry so I did good a jug of that. I'm not sure I can even get a good cya reading yet I have not been successful at that just yet

- - - Updated - - -

Should I just assume that my cya is already at Thirty based on the treatment we did previously?

Sorry. I am confused. Maybe it's the beer...

You added to 30 using 118 oz. of liquid on Thursday. That should have taken you to 30ppm and yes, you assume you got there.

Now you added a "jug" of granular? How big was the jug and how did you add it?

Oh, thank goodness! You had me panicked...

Calculate a 10ppm CYA add (use the VOLUME for granular) and put that in a sock. Put the sock in a bucket of water. Every now and then squeeze the sock and stir the bucket. Occasionally use a clear cup to take some of the mixture off the top of the water in the bucket. Look at the cup. If there are no granules present, pour that into the pool. Fill the cup with pool water and add it to the bucket. Keep doing that until the sock is empty.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.