HELP - trying to clear pool for 6+ weeks (iron turned my pool like mud puddle)

Here is a summary

1st summer opening pool (installed 2015). Wanted to get it clear early for the kids (13 and 11). Had some algae growth and a little bit of debris and leaves. Scooped out much as I could. I had to add about 8-12 inches of water (above ground pool - 27ft round). I did that using my well, I had no idea but have high iron in my water. When I shocked pool it almost instantly turned like a mud puddle. I consulted pool guy - he gave me metal free (4 bottles over 2 weeks), clarifying tablets etc. and I added as directed and backwashed frequently. That went on for a couple weeks. I couldn't shock b/c my iron and metal were still high. I then did a filter cleanse and got an eliminator bag I put in the skimmer. It started to help and it went from brown to darkish green. Once metal where down or almost gone I added shock and algaecide with turned it a greenish grey color. Ran pump 24-7 since I opened the pool almost 7 weeks ago. Had to get a load of city water (which is fine) from Fire Dept. b/c water was low due to backwashing. I also added Stain out sequestering to try and get rid of all the metals for good. As of water sample Saturday past I have 0 iron, 0 phosphates and copper was .2 Pool right now is aqua greenish color but I can see through to the bottom of pool. I have been keeping the water about shock level for the past 3 days. I vacuumed last night very well and backwashed. It has been almost 7 weeks and the kids are getting very anxious now to swim and the weather is really nice.

How long to I keep at shock level?
Do I add anything else?

Iron - 0
Copper - .2
Phosphates - 0
PH 7.5
TA 125
FC - shock level
CYA - 50

Almost there - trying to get the minty green color gone - water is clear if I take sample out and I can see the floor of pool.

Hi, welcome to TFP! Did you use a copper algaecide? Your copper level is also going to require sequestering. If you can get a load of iron free, copper free water cheap, I would empty the pool and refill. If that is not an option, you will need to use more sequestrant to put the copper back into solution, as the copper is the source of clear green water you currently have.

20160625_100656.jpg

See picture taken Saturday past - looks a little more clear when standing by it - can see the bottom - should I just continue to keep at shock level, vacuum and backwash regularly?

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks Zea3 - my wife wanted me to drain the pool when its first turned brown from the iron and metals 6weeks ago. I was told I could get it clear but have spent around $500 in chemicals plus 6+ weeks of waiting...rrr...What can I do to clear the copper now?? just keep adding sequestrant?