Spring 2017 Build - MA

that is a butt-load of deck. nice!

Yup, it's going to be a big deck...and the wife still says she thinks it's going to be too small! The contract says 1200 sq ft, but we've made a couple changes since then that have bumped it up a little and they haven't charged us any more for it, so I can't complain. These guys have been great to work with and really do a great job. Can't wait to see the finished product.

Is there any thing under the wire holding it up off the ground? If not you need to have them do that BEFORE they pour. Please do not let them tell you "we will pull it up as we pour".......they will THEN walk on it and push it back down if it does not sink down on its own :(

Kim:kim:

Is there any thing under the wire holding it up off the ground? If not you need to have them do that BEFORE they pour. Please do not let them tell you "we will pull it up as we pour".......they will THEN walk on it and push it back down if it does not sink down on its own :(

Kim:kim:

I talked to them about this before I left for work this morning. They have a power buggy that they will be driving over the steel with to move the concrete to the back side, so they don't prop it up off the ground. They do pull it up after they pour. I trust these guys know what they're doing, they are one of the biggest hardscape contractors in the area and do lots of big commercial jobs that I know have been around a long time and still look great. They recently did the entrance way and courtyard area for the Bruins new practice facility!

- - - Updated - - -

Great space! Think of the parties you will have. I love the fire pit area.

Can't wait to have the first party! I love the fire pit and seating wall, my wife said she thought we could do without the seating wall and save some money and wasn't crazy about it seeing it as is without the rest of the project finished. She says she's reserving judgment until the landscaping and patio is finished, but I know she's going to like it once everything comes together. It's a nice balance to complement the retaining wall on the other side and sets the boundary for the patio on that corner. If it was up to me, I would have had that seating wall curve all the way around to the deck!

It's a nice balance to complement the retaining wall on the other side and sets the boundary for the patio on that corner. If it was up to me, I would have had that seating wall curve all the way around to the deck!

She will love it, for sure! And I totally agree with you, I think it would look AMAZING to curve all the way around. It's easy for me to spend your money, though! lol

Patio done, came out awesome, just need acid wash next week. Pool floor going in next week along with the equipment pad. Then liner should be the following week, along with landscaping and finishing off the fence. Should be filled with water by Memorial Day!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Re: Inground Vinyl 23'x40' Aspen Build in MA

Almost there...water is filling now, equipment pad is in and ready to go, and landscaping is all done except the sod which would have been done if it wasn't for all the rain we've been getting. Hopefully Tuesday is the day. Startup should be next week, but of course I'm traveling for work Tuesday through Thursday and then have a bachelor party to go to Friday through Sunday.

Re: Inground Vinyl 23'x40' Aspen Build in MA

Even though I'm north of the border, all the sod got laid today, the pool finished filling, and the PB took a water sample to their lab and is coming tomorrow to start up the system and balance the water! Pool will be running by the time I get home tomorrow night. Will get some better pictures of the whole yard and pool then, for now these will have to do (wife isn't the best at framing pictures!)

Oh and we love the liner we chose. The water color is just what I was hoping for, kind of a steel bluish color in overcast skies and lightens up a little in the sun. The liner is a new one for Vynall this year, the base is Creekstone and border is Havana. The tan color in the border matches our patio perfectly.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.