LifeTime Supporter
May 29, 2012
Bettendorf, Iowa
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Just curious if anyone else has seen no availability of liquid chlorine/ pool shock 12.5% in your area? I am in eastern Iowa (Quad cities) and my pool stores say no availability until spring. I have gone with 1lb bags of 65% Cal-Hypo for next 2 weeks until I close out. Wondering if you all have seen this as well. I stopped trying to buy bleach since I can’t get it without stupid additives.

Thanks for your time

In our areas with actual seasons it gets tougher. Xmas stuffs have been out for a while already and next week Target will start selling bikinis. :ROFLMAO:

So you hafta get crafty. Try the Hardware stores who might carry it year round or maybe get lucky at Home Depot / Lowe’s if they find a pallet hiding somewhere on the shelves. It might be a bit degraded already but beggars can’t be choosers.

Then move onto any office/home cleaners or car washes. They may sell you 10 gal of their sauce on the side.

For now the Cal-Hypo should be fine with lots of CH wiggle room and CSI all but irrelevant with vinyl.

Reactions: CAW
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.