I got the Intex Automatic Pool Cleaner

Be careful building any kind of enclosure that would impede water flow, or you're just creating a welcome place for algae to grow.

Another option might be to shorten up the hose just enough that it can't reach the ladder. You'd be left with just a small area to vacuum manually.

I've got an Intex free-standing ladder that I just pull up to the side of the pool when I get out. But sometimes my kids forget and I'll find "Wally" wedged behind the ladder the next day.

Another idea, I would still use plexiglass to frame the bottom of the ladder but drill 1 inch holes every couple inches to allow water to flow freely but block Wally! . We are ordering ours this week ;-)

Ok I ran the cleaner yesterday for about 4 hours, it did an OK job, I used it without the little nylon brushes on the bottom as I had some leaves I wanted to see if it picked up. Nope :(

Going to run it again today, this time with the nylon brushes installed to see if it can pick up some of the sand that is in the pool. So far I am not real impressed with this cleaner.

I also have the AquaBug "suction side cleaner" that I am going to compare this to.

unkyjoe: How did it compare to the Aquabug? I just ordered the Intex cleaner from Amazon for $55, but it is 4 to 5 month estimated delivery so I have some time to change my mind. :eek:

I have one, but hose won't stay attached to vacuum. I tighten the band as tightly as I can, but as soon as I turn pump on, the hose comes off the vacuum.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
In our pool this Intex robot did a good job. It picked up debris and sand like you can see in the yt from topic starter. But after a day or two it quit working. I thought it was due to a lack of pressure so I back-washed the filter, opened the bypass for the heater and even tried the recirculate position on the valve to get as much flow as possible. It did work not as it did in new condition. So I started emailing with Intex support here in Holland. That took a week or so. After a few days I decided to give the robot one more chance and suddenly it worked fine again! In the mean time Intex promised to send me a new gearcase without charge. I was almost at the point to tell them it wasn't necessary anymore but then the robot refused working again and sometimes did its job ok. I'm confused but I'll try the new gearcase when it arrives and we'll see what happens. After its working again (or not) I'll let you know.

In our pool this Intex robot did a good job. It picked up debris and sand like you can see in the yt from topic starter. But after a day or two it quit working. I thought it was due to a lack of pressure so I back-washed the filter, opened the bypass for the heater and even tried the recirculate position on the valve to get as much flow as possible. It did work not as it did in new condition. So I started emailing with Intex support here in Holland. That took a week or so. After a few days I decided to give the robot one more chance and suddenly it worked fine again! In the mean time Intex promised to send me a new gearcase without charge. I was almost at the point to tell them it wasn't necessary anymore but then the robot refused working again and sometimes did its job ok. I'm confused but I'll try the new gearcase when it arrives and we'll see what happens. After its working again (or not) I'll let you know.

I noticed with mine it seems to get "hung up" when switching from one direction to the other. Most of the time when I notice it I give it a good thump with the skimmer pole. But usually it fixes itself after a cycle or two.

The only thing Im not to fond of is if we get a lot of junk on the bottom (gotta love trees) the water it uses to move usually stirs everything up before it has a chance to suck it up.

Ok so I am trying again to install, but can't understand what I'm unscrewing to connect the hoses. If I unscrew the big grid, an entire piece comes out and water goes everywhere. Is there a way you take just the strainer part off? And the rest of it stays in the pool?

- - - Updated - - -

Shared album - Julisa Luna - Google Photos

this is a link to the photo of the inlet strainer I'm talking about

- - - Updated - - -

Shared album - Julisa Luna - Google Photos

this is a link to the photo of the inlet strainer I'm talking about

You can unscrew just this piece without entirely removing all pieces from the hole. Problem is it is super tight.

Your photo:
9227e0c7fc0c313b02d2ba773887f302.jpg

If you've already let water out lower than the inlet, go ahead and entirely remove it and use some tool to unscrew it. Try not to break it. Some mentioned they used an oil filter removal tool to grab and turn it.

I'm not looking forward to unscrewing mine when I get this Intex pool cleaner.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.