New Pool, Already Leaking

Hi everyone,

I'm a newbie and could desparately use some advice. My pool is about a week old and is already leaking. (A significant leak from what I can tell.) The installer suspects that the main drain is leaking, but says he can put something on it to fix it (I'm not sure what). Has anyone else encountered this? Should I let him make the repair? Thank you so much!

Hello and welcome to TFP! :wave: If the MD is indeed the culprit, I would recommend closing the suction line from the MD to the pump if you have the ability (if the MD was plumbed separately to the pump). In the meantime, your builder should be obligated by your pool warranty to repair a leak on a product only one week old. As to the repair method, I guess that would depend on how the MD is leaking (the plumbing or around the drain fitting itself). If you learn more let us know. We have some good experts that can help you. Nice to have you with us.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.