Pool is severely leaking while on vacation

penquinizer

Jan 10, 2023
Dallas
Hi all! I've been monitoring my pool remotely and noticed it has a significant leak. I still have 10 days left before I make it back home.

I've turned off the pump for now but unsure if I should be trying to look for a repair company remotely or if I should have my friend constantly refill it.

They had filled it about half way up the skimmer line and about 2 days later it looks significantly below the tile line.

Any tips on what to do? Maybe get a cover to cover the pool for now?

Image below of current level. It was half way at the skimmer 2 days ago.

1000012662.png

If you just let the water sit, it will probably go green on you and a leak company may not want to work on it until it's clear. I would see if a friend can keep the water level where it needs to be so the system can operate and produce chlorine. You might even ask your friend to add some liquid chlorine from time to time until you get back.

Reactions: Newdude
I've previously kept the hose there as I was refilling pretty often. Didn't know that could be a symptom. I'll see how much it drops if they remove it.

Biggest worry is that the pool sits in a courtyard in the middle of the house. Weary of a massive amount of water leaking under the house.

Great. Wanted to be sure the MPV spider gasket was not leaking and sending water to waste.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.