Jacuzzi keeps leaking after resurfacing

sikquiver

Apr 19, 2023
Dallas, TX
Hello Everyone,

Just wondering how many times is it acceptable to ask them to fix the same leaks after resurfacing the pool/jacuzzi? My Jacuzzi is leaking water by the light fixture, at first the contractor told me he couldn't find the leak, I had to do a leak test myself and found the leak. Showed them where the leaks were and already had them come out 2 times to fix it, but still leaking. What is upsetting is that I don't even see them doing a leak test after filling up the water to see if it's fixed, shouldn't that be standard for that type of repair? The one under the coping can be seen from the other side as soon as the water hits the coping line. Also is the plaster variation on the seat from a poor acid wash job?

At what point should I start deducting from final payment due to all the water wasted and time I'm putting into this so they can fix their mistake?

Attachments

• leak1.jpg
    leak1.jpg
    446.3 KB · Views: 22
  • leak2.jpg
    leak2.jpg
    674 KB · Views: 22
  • plaster.jpg
    plaster.jpg
    203.5 KB · Views: 22
Welcome to TFP.

Sorry you are having the problems with your Pool Builder but there is nothing standard in pool building. Builders do whatever they please.

You need to decide what type of relationship you want with your builder going forward since you will need to call on them for any other warranty work.

Plaster variations are normal.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.