Can't hook up filter yet. How do I open the pool?

Oct 9, 2015
Niagara Falls
Hi TFP.

This year we tore out a section of the deck that the equipment sat on and are building a new pool shed that the equipment will sit IN (one side equipment, one side change area/storage, etc).
Problem is I won't be at the point where I can connect the filter in it's permanent home until the very end of may. I emptied the sand filter to remove the concrete and will reinstall it once the floor framing is in place. I don't wan to wait too long to open the pool, nor would I be able to move the filter once it's filled with sand and water.

What options do I have?

Can I open the pool and get it balanced and what not using only the pump (without the filter) for a couple weeks (probably to cold yet for any swimming anyway).
That should be fairly easy to hook up temporarily.

I pulled back the tarp to have a look and the pool is VERY clear from what I can see.

Let me know what you think?

You can run it without the filter for a while since we know the filter itself is not what prevents algae anyways - that's a chemical issue. No different than running a sand filter on recirculate right? The cooler water should help buy you some time as well.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.