experts please verify something for me

Salt tests aren't all that accurate no matter what, most are +/- 300-400 ppm. Salt tests should be used to get you into the ballpark on salt level and then do what your SWG says from there. If it is happy and making chlorine good. If it says low salt then add a bag brush it and wait a day or two.

here's the updates sorry for the delay.

the middle two pictures are of the same corner of the pool where the vitamin C tabs pic was earlier in the thread.

the acid wash kit thing should arrive this week. will post how that goes for specific spots

iO9tlpJ.jpg

7jdi9I1.jpg

0HjMZiu.jpg

Bq1cDbk.jpg

OOOH WEEEE

So I ordered the under water acid wash kit below.... and it worked like a charm!

I only ended up using the smaller one of the two attachments. used two bottles of acid, "primed" the hose to get the acid flowing then slowly worked my way around to get most of them. still have a couple of areas I need to revisit that i missed, but overall very pleased with how it worked. almost amazing level. The one with the little canister swampwoman recommend would probably work the same way only with a smaller amount of acid so I got the one with the siphon tubes because I had a decent amount of spots to get and I'm glad I did. I couldn't imagine to keep refilling the little canister on the other one, the siphon one is definitely the way to go if you have any decent amount of staining, even if you only use the smaller attachment. Although you'd probably waste some acid using the tube one for small touch up spots...

in any case, so pumped about how it worked and feel very relieved because the stains were stressing me out.

Dumpe in some more jacks purple stuff sequestrant since I lifted all of those and Also picked up a CuLator 4.0 and tossed it in the trap. Took some water samples after the stain removal so I can take them to the pool store to check metals, and then see how the filtering/CuLator is "removing" them.

71DleVes1GL._SX355_.jpg

sLIRJXf.jpg

PW2H1Kg.jpg

Attachments

• 71DleVes1GL._SX355_.jpg
    71DleVes1GL._SX355_.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 59
Wow! That is great! Nice work! You have been on those stains for quite a while now, glad you got them resolved. Thanks for the update. Time to enjoy the pool now! :paddle: :cheers:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.