Water coming out of air valve

Apr 21, 2014
MN
Savannah Spas Laguna

Jet nozzles part number LQ4aStvC

Air adjustment valve part number 13565-CG

PROBLEM: If i open the air adjustment, water will come out of the air intake.

The air bubbles stopped working about a year ago. This spring I took out all the removable barrell assemblies in the jets to get them replaced due to the white plastic inserts all dissolving and cracking. Currently I have the tub filled with 10 of 12 of the barrell assemblies taken out.

I am wondering if those barrell assemblies are needed to get the venturi effect correct to draw in air and with the barrell assemblies taken out, the water is getting forced into the air intakes. I am hoping this is the problem, because all the jets in the wall are encased in foam.

I am hoping when I replace all the barrell assemblies everything will work again. I am wondering if the water that is currently in the air lines will need to be purged or something before things start working. I am unsure how the air system works on this hot tub. For this hot tub, there is no air pump, it is drawn in by the venturi effect.

I called a few hot tub places to get their maintenance to help me out but they were clueless.

Please help!
Thank you

We have a built in spa and had that problem last year. I took a shopvac and tried blowing out from the air intakes through the jets. I did not solve our problem but you may try this. It turned out we had a maple leaf helicopter seed lodged in the jet piping which a pool company fixed for us because I was scratching my head on that one. One other thing you may try that I read on a blog is to drop the water level below the spa jets and run them. This gives extra pressure to possibly blow something out that is lodged. I tried it and it didn't work. Not sure how the pool guy got what was in there out.

We have a built in spa and had that problem last year. I took a shopvac and tried blowing out from the air intakes through the jets. I did not solve our problem but you may try this. It turned out we had a maple leaf helicopter seed lodged in the jet piping which a pool company fixed for us because I was scratching my head on that one. One other thing you may try that I read on a blog is to drop the water level below the spa jets and run them. This gives extra pressure to possibly blow something out that is lodged. I tried it and it didn't work. Not sure how the pool guy got what was in there out.

I finally dug deep enough into the internet to find someone who has the same problem with the same type of jets I have - with a solution that nearly verifies what I was thinking:

http://www.poolspaforum.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=30634

When I had the pool drained before I shot the hose through all the empty nozzels, so I don't think its a clog. However if i replace all the jet sockets and the problem persists I'll try flushing the system again.

Im still hoping someone can help verify that the nozzels I use need to be inplace for the venturi to work.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.