Spring Texas, Construction Progress

Re: Spring Texas, Contract Signed! Will still need advice along the way!

8CF2B001-10E7-4C6D-8726-B26FE3FEC0D3_zpspj4lb2wx.jpg
[/URL]

24 hours of progress! Does all look well with these pics?

whats with the four drains rather than two?

8BB0C9D0-13BE-4DF4-92B1-9DB090B84DB4_zpsfuf8uzu0.jpg
[/URL]

also is that a raised fire feature wall you have there already or is it a planter?

whats with the four drains rather than two?

8BB0C9D0-13BE-4DF4-92B1-9DB090B84DB4_zpsfuf8uzu0.jpg
[/URL]

also is that a raised fire feature wall you have there already or is it a planter?

My PB added redundant drains in case one gets clogged...one set is for the filters and the other is for the water feature.

Yes...that is an existing raised fire feature! :D

My PB added redundant drains in case one gets clogged...one set is for the filters and the other is for the water feature.

Yes...that is an existing raised fire feature! :D

gotcha, makes sense now.

quite the fire feature there, any pics of it a night?

Re: Spring Texas, Gunite Done!

Gunite done today! Now its time to water it for a few days. The crew took about 5 hours to do this job with 8 guys. Tile and coping should be later this week! Thank goodness for a good weather forecast! Does all look well with these pics! Don't mind my daughter and my dog. I was so worried about my dog falling into the deep end! :eek:

So pretty! WOW! That thing is huge! Cute kid and doggy!

So do you have your test kit yet? Please ask your PB what kit he will be giving you so we can see if it is good enough for you according to TFP!

Kim:cat:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

More progress! Plumbing, electrical, equipment pad, coping, tile and waterfall were put in over the past couple days. I feel like this is pretty good progress considering the bobcat showed up to dig only 10 days ago. I am going to get serious about educating myself on the trouble free method and the function of my equipment. Here are some pics of what I've got! Any and all feedback is welcome!

Equipment Pad

Plumbing lines

Waterline tile & coping

4 ton Waterfall with 1-2 ton weeping wall

Plumbing behind waterfall

All of it together

View of pool against house and patio

Really looking forward to decking to cover up all of the exposed dirt and dust. Also looking forward to the mess inside the pool getting cleaned up. I am told they'll powerwash it with bleach. I also added 61 sq ft more decking to the design.

Also, I am going with Blue Surf Pebble Sheen. Thinking about adding a browner color to the sun deck? Any opinions on this?

Thanks folks!

More progress! Plumbing, electrical, equipment pad, coping, tile and waterfall were put in over the past couple days. I feel like this is pretty good progress considering the bobcat showed up to dig only 10 days ago. I am going to get serious about educating myself on the trouble free method and the function of my equipment. Here are some pics of what I've got! Any and all feedback is welcome!

Equipment Pad

Really looking forward to decking to cover up all of the exposed dirt and dust. Also looking forward to the mess inside the pool getting cleaned up. I am told they'll powerwash it with bleach. I also added 61 sq ft more decking to the design.

Also, I am going with Blue Surf Pebble Sheen. Thinking about adding a browner color to the sun deck? Any opinions on this?

Thanks folks!

so did they tap directly off the existing power incomer (top center of your pic with the LCD meter) for the home there? Thus avoiding the existing power panel in the house / garage all together?

Nothing wrong with that, just that it might be an option for us that I had never considered.

so did they tap directly off the existing power incomer (top center of your pic with the LCD meter) for the home there? Thus avoiding the existing power panel in the house / garage all together?

Nothing wrong with that, just that it might be an option for us that I had never considered.
Yes, it appears they added a separate power panel with breakers for the pool systems directly under the main power box. I didn't request this. I have no idea how they decided how they would do it. Hoping it works well.

Yes, it appears they added a separate power panel with breakers for the pool systems directly under the main power box. I didn't request this. I have no idea how they decided how they would do it. Hoping it works well.

will work just fine, I think your PB needed to get the power company (centerpoint perhaps) to isolate and open the meter box and provide the nipple to the bigger grey box beside it.

hopefully my PB will help us decide whats the best solution for us.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.