Test kit battle!

LOL!

I just did some testing. Pool and tub. Used the OTO and the DPD. I can read the yellow OTO a little easier than I can read the pink DPD. Maybe I have a little of that red green color blindness. I bought the DPD comparator block that reads FC to 10 because I thought it would be better than the OTO that only reads to 5. But I can do better reading the darker shades of yellow. It would be good if Taylor made an OTO test block that goes to 10. Of course, if it went to 11 that would be better! :-D

LOL!

I just did some testing. Pool and tub. Used the OTO and the DPD. I can read the yellow OTO a little easier than I can read the pink DPD. Maybe I have a little of that red green color blindness. I bought the DPD comparator block that reads FC to 10 because I thought it would be better than the OTO that only reads to 5. But I can do better reading the darker shades of yellow. It would be good if Taylor made an OTO test block that goes to 10. Of course, if it went to 11 that would be better! :-D

Your wish is granted https://www.taylortechnologies.com/corporate_news.asp

KRUD. i can't believe this...
i just received Hach brand test strips Aquacheck 7, and instructions say wait 15 seconds before reading. my old Leslies brand strips were 2 second reads.
there goes my time savings out the window....

The Taylor brand strips are more interesting - there's FC, pH, TA & CYA (I think thats the right order) and you start at the 20sec mark matching FC, then 10 sec later you match pH, then 10sec later you match the next parameter and so on. Much better that way as you don't get caught up on one parameter and possibly let the others bleach out.

That being said, I'm still in the "strips are worthless" camp (I'd rather use OTO than strips :p ) but I thought the Taylor strip testing method was interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk,16k gal SWG pool (All Pentair), QuadDE100 Filter, Taylor K-2006

just used an aquacheck 7 strip, wait the hated 15 seconds...
color read between 1 and 3 but was closer to 3. then tested FC with r-0870, and it was 2.0.
i only use test strips for general idea of FC level; i don't really look at any of the other readings

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.