lbrogan2

Apr 9, 2024
Royse City, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I am currently awaiting my TF-100 test kit to arrive. Currently all I am doing is testing with my basic test kit. The past several days I have been adding liquid chlorine. However, it does not seem to maintain any kind of chlorine level overnight. Is there something I can do in the meantime, that would be beneficial to my pool?

You need reliable data. TFT is quick so stay the course and we'll know more soon. :)

You need reliable data. TFT is quick so stay the course and we'll know more soon. :)
Thank you. When you say stay the course, I'm assuming you mean continue to add Liquid Chlorine daily to maintain some level of FC. Is this correct?

I know from last year that my CYA is high (not sure exact amount). Last year was my first year with the pool. I started off using chlorine pucks and testing water at Leslie's. Lot of strikes in those statements, I am now aware. Assuming my CYA is still high, I am thinking my Chlorine is too low for my CYA.

When you say stay the course, I'm assuming you mean continue to add Liquid Chlorine daily to maintain some level of FC. Is this correct?
Yes. Carry on as you've been. (y)
Assuming my CYA is still high, I am thinking my Chlorine is too low for my CYA.
I agree the CYA is probably still higher, but without proof, we risk plaster damage if we guess too high FC for your CYA.

Nate ships everyday. Barring a UPS/USPS issue, we'll know real soon. My refills were coming Friday and something happened in NJ and it took until Monday. It is what it is and the price of beer will remain unchanged either way.

Yes. Carry on as you've been. (y)

I agree the CYA is probably still higher, but without proof, we risk plaster damage if we guess too high FC for your CYA.

Nate ships everyday. Barring a UPS/USPS issue, we'll know real soon. My refills were coming Friday and something happened in NJ and it took until Monday. It is what it is and the price of beer will remain unchanged either way.
Thank you.

Reactions: Newdude