Tree cracked my pool - let's talk about rebuilding bond beam

90775048cd66f123fdd180f5402f18a3.jpg

8f4be44d11b52ab20f5b69d774668adf.jpg

Ready for tile and coping !!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Looks great! Can you clean out that gunk out of the water during your project?

Yeah - it's hard to watch that cement sit (and probably stain) that plaster but I have to let the coping dry before I can clean it out. I scooped out around 20 pounds of gunk after the deck and coping were demoed. It's amazing how much you can scoop with good leaf net technique.

No,no, no..............."Kim's Pool" LOL

Is there a "matching" area on the other side of what cut out? I cannot quite tell what that spot looks like.

I am thinking if that is steps or a beach entry area you could go for pretty, contrasting tiles to make it look like you meant to do it to "mark" that area. Here is my fav tile in the whole world!

- Lightstreams Glass Tile | Pool Step Tile Marker Examples

Kim

No,no, no..............."Kim's Pool" LOL

Is there a "matching" area on the other side of what cut out? I cannot quite tell what that spot looks like.

I am thinking if that is steps or a beach entry area you could go for pretty, contrasting tiles to make it look like you meant to do it to "mark" that area. Here is my fav tile in the whole world!

- Lightstreams Glass Tile | Pool Step Tile Marker Examples

Kim

Thanks for the suggestion Kim. We will prob replace the 6x6 tiles on that line with some accent tiles.

Now the tile guy doesn't have epoxy grout and he is using regular sanded grout tomorrow - we don't have time to find the epoxy - hopefully that will be ok.... :confused::confused:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.