pool closed for winter. store wants to come back just to clean filter

Nov 30, 2015
nj
For a number of years I've been using the same pool store to open and close my pool.
I'm in NJ. Pool has been closed since September.
Store just called wanting to come out and get "a jump" on spring opening by
doing the filter "cleaning" part now.
They would do the cleaning, which involves their typical "clean/de-grease" products.
There is no extra charge for the visit. They say it would help save that step in the Spring - which is really to their benefit.
I've checked old receipts, and they do in fact perform this step while opening instead of closing.

I like the idea of helping the local store stay open and in business - so if this somehow helps them, then fine and good.

My concern is whether its not really in MY best interest to be re-opening the filter and spraying it down in temperatures approaching freezing.
Is this just inviting trouble ?

Thanks-in-advance !
Linda

How will it help them stay open and in business if you let them do it now BUT do not pay them yet? I do not see any reason to get a jump start on it. In fact they should have cleaned the filter BEFORE they closed the pool.

Kim

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.