New AZ owner build! :)

This is seriously awesome. where in AZ are you? also if you dont mind sharing what is your budget?

Thanks. Im in the Baseline and Laveen area. Did not really plan a budget. But i did set a side 60K for this build. At the end of the day, if im happy, then i don't mind spending more. But adding my numbers thus far, i'm not even close to 60K yet. That is the advantage of being an owner builder and if you can speak good spanish and barter with your subs, then you save a lot of money. :)

Went to look at rock for the waterfalls and edges. Does anyone know if the sedona red rock would bleed the color into the pool?

Also picking out my tile and travertine.
Photo%20Sep%2016%205%2031%2010%20PM_zpsxwq6xsu8.jpg

Photo%20Sep%2016%209%2022%2047%20AM_zpssu5duvyc.jpg

Photo%20Sep%2016%209%2022%2053%20AM_zpsmfzia62z.jpg

Wow!!! Your shotcrete shell looks amazing! It really brings the pool to life, and it's awesome!!! You must be thrilled.

I love the red rock, but I'd be nervous about it bleeding. So don't ask me - I'm not much of a risk taker.

I'm with Marla on the glass tile - love the one you're holding. My experience with glass tile is that it looked darker once it was installed. That's not good or bad - just keep it in mind. I chose from 3 and was glad I went with the medium shade. But..... the one you're holding is closest to the one I used, and I love it.

Have fun!
Suz.

Azwaldo are you at NTP in Tempe?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was there earlier yesterday. I took the samples home so the pictures are at my house. Just stopped by NPT to look at some tile and also ended up buying all the split face silver travertine they had on closeout. Great deal. :)

- - - Updated - - -

I really like the tile you are holding in your hand. Love the bluefish purple colors.

Thanks. I will be going crazy with that stuff an dal so some glow in the dark tiles.

Wow!!! Your shotcrete shell looks amazing! It really brings the pool to life, and it's awesome!!! You must be thrilled.

I love the red rock, but I'd be nervous about it bleeding. So don't ask me - I'm not much of a risk taker.

I'm with Marla on the glass tile - love the one you're holding. My experience with glass tile is that it looked darker once it was installed. That's not good or bad - just keep it in mind. I chose from 3 and was glad I went with the medium shade. But..... the one you're holding is closest to the one I used, and I love it.

Have fun!
Suz.

Thanks suz. It is slowly coming together. The sunken bar has been delaying a lot of my build because i have to run all my electric, plumbing, and cable to conduits to there in same trench as gas lines for pool and spa. Soon as the sunken bar walls and pillars are up, then it will speed up the build.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
This gives me hope!

We are lucky to be here in AZ. Pools are a lot easier on the wallet here than many other states. But you will notice that any basic pool is pretty easy to build with about 20-25K here. Spa will add another 7-8K easily to the build. It is all the extra stuff that adds up real fast. My sunken bar is adding about another 8-10K. You will see one you begin. But on the bright side, your not paying the high PB markups. PB will easily mark up your pool like 15K for spa and 20K for sunken bar. Ive seen plenty of bids and quotes from pool builders because my buddy has a pool company. Pretty insane, but then again some people love the peace of mind of not having to oversee the subs. Get ready to spend time managing your subs. It is time consuming because you want to make sure everything is done right.

Yeah I have already experienced some of this. I almost signed with a major pool builder. Luckily I decided to go a different route. I'm still paying a little more since I'm paying a contractor to manage the project and subs, but still saving 8k from the major builder.

Yeah I have already experienced some of this. I almost signed with a major pool builder. Luckily I decided to go a different route. I'm still paying a little more since I'm paying a contractor to manage the project and subs, but still saving 8k from the major builder.

And if you're like many of us - we who upgraded as the pool build went along - you're saving even more than the 8k!!!! I swore I wouldn't upgrade or go over budget! Ha!!! That was a joke, but honestly, I'm don't regret any of the upgrades. And building your own - your upgrades will be much less!

Suz.

I LOVE the silver and gray granite - beautiful! It looks awesome in that AZ sun! Just curious, had you considered using the sculpted rock instead of the real?

I'm with you on the real rock, although I've seen some beautiful sculpted rock waterfalls. I'm partial to granite.

Suz.

I LOVE the silver and gray granite - beautiful! It looks awesome in that AZ sun! Just curious, had you considered using the sculpted rock instead of the real?

I'm with you on the real rock, although I've seen some beautiful sculpted rock waterfalls. I'm partial to granite.

Suz.

I did consider it, but it just does not look real enough for me. I almost added a slide on the left size that wold have been real and artificial, but that would mess up the flow of the pool. Im more of an elegant and modern type of person. Besides Im not married and have no kids. So Bachelor pool it is. Have no use for the slide.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.