Windows 10... anyone tried it yet?

I have upgraded my desktop to Windows 10..and I like it a lot. I find it more user friendly than Windows 8,which I uninstalled after 3 weeks or so. More importantly for me..it plays my Flight Simulator flawlessly.. and with W8 I was not able to run it..

I just switched mine back to 7 pro about 10 minutes ago. There isn't a driver for my sound card for 10 yet, and it made my computer slower. Not a fan. I have 10 on a new dell touchscreen all in one and the kids and wife like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love Chromebooks, but then I've been running Ubuntu linux on my desktops and laptops for quite a few years now.

Terrible Google apps? You've got to be kidding me.

Why pay hundreds of dollars for a crummy operating system such as Windows?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I updated my wife's windows 8 laptop a few weeks ago. When you upgrade make sure not to select express setup but use custom setup. Uncheck everything to avoid all the spying.

I attempted the upgrade but kept getting error messages. I also just won a google chrome laptop that stinks. Other than being wifi and getting on the net, All it runs is terrible google apps.

My MIL got a chrome book. They are **** in my opinion. Glad she got one before I wasted the money on one.

Which good ones do you have....? I need help w this thing or I may just sell it.

The real question should be, "What do I want to do with this computer/Chromebook?".

Do you want to surf the web? Chromebook wins, hands down.

Do you want to create, edit, and save documents? Check out Google Drive. It's a worthy replacement for Microsoft Office.

What do you want to do?

- - - Updated - - -

My MIL got a chrome book. They are **** in my opinion. Glad she got one before I wasted the money on one.

You mean you'd rather spend over $500 for a Windows laptop/netbook than $249 for a Chromebook?

What does your mother-in-law do besides check Facebook and play solitaire? Because Chromebook will do those things for her, and she'll never have to worry about updating again.

Most people that speak poorly of Chromebooks have no idea what they are talking about.

The real question should be, "What do I want to do with this computer/Chromebook?".

Do you want to surf the web? Chromebook wins, hands down.

Do you want to create, edit, and save documents? Check out Google Drive. It's a worthy replacement for Microsoft Office.

What do you want to do?

- - - Updated - - -

You mean you'd rather spend over $500 for a Windows laptop/netbook than $249 for a Chromebook?

What does your mother-in-law do besides check Facebook and play solitaire? Because Chromebook will do those things for her, and she'll never have to worry about updating again.

Most people that speak poorly of Chromebooks have no idea what they are talking about.

Touché. I have little knowledge of the operating system, or lack there of. I knew it was supposed to be easier, that's why I actually suggested that she get it because I was tired of holding her hand to check her email through her internet provider via outlook. It was just omg why do you have or need a computer. It actually worked out good for me. I don't know how the whole thing works, so she's left to fend for herself. Personally, I would never allow a laptop in my house because I have 4 kids. Our one and only laptop was ruined because my wife kept it plugged in and my oldest would always trip over the cord when she was a baby.

Taking a Chromebook and also running a Linux distribution on another partition is something I've thought about trying. Some experience with Ubuntu, but it's been a while.

sent from mobile. beware of brevity and spelling errors.

Chrome OS is a fork of linux.

My wife loves it. She opens the Chromebook and it's instantly on, no waiting for Windows to boot up.

Then she checks Facebook and plays Solitaire for the next four hours ;)

I'm still on insider preview 10532. Seems to be fine with the limited stuff I do. Really, just this site. And Dish Anywhere. So for me it's been fine. The only thing I've had to do is drop back to an earlier version of the video driver.
Starting this morning, I'm using Edge as my TFPC browser, so we'll see how that goes.

Upgraded a PC and a laptop to Win 10. Is doing fine of the newish laptop. Totally borked the desktop PC and it's having to be reformatted with Win 8 being put back on it. Cousin is a computer technician in a corporate network servers environment and so far he strongly dislikes it but thinks it will be goo once the bugs are worked out.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.