Kreepy Krauley issues/suggestions

806pool

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 4, 2015
So. Cal.
So we inherited a KK with the house and pool. We have an auto pool cover that is on 90% of the time when pool isn't in use. I cannot seem to keep the pool bottom clean. KK runs for 4 hours every evening?

My other issue, which I've just recently noticed, is that tiny air bubbles are coming out of the return port. When I remove the KK, they stop, which leads me to believe the hoses are leaking/sucking air somewhere. The hoses are old for sure just by looking at them.

My issue is, a hose replacement kit is about $200. The KK itself is about 5 years old from receipts/paperwork I found with the house. Is this normal for the KK to leave this much behind? Even if we don't use the pool for a week, with the cover on and it running 4hrs a night, when I open the cover, there is all kinds of stuff in the bottom. I end up using the vacuum attachment to get it all clean.

So spend the $200 on new hoses, or put it towards a better cleaner. Or suggestions on making the KK work right, lol.

And are all vacuums as load as this thing? *hmmmmmmmmm....tick tick tick*

Well I'm assuming my leak is coming from the hoses somewhere between the KK and the suction port. When I disconnect the hoses from the suction port, the bubbles stop.

I still don't get why there is so much debris left on the bottom.

Any suggestions? Or do I just get rid of the KK. Which = $$$$

Thanks.

If the hoses are sucking air, the Kreepy isn't seeing enough suction out there on the end to pick everything up.

You should be able to pick up individual hose sections at your local pool store. It will probably cost more than buying the whole "kit", but you could replace them one at a time, starting with the ones that are obviously in the worst shape (i.e., the ones that spend the most time at or above the surface of the water).

Do you have any extra hose weights? You might try adding enough weights every 2 or 3 sections to keep them all below the water line. This will fix your suction-side air leak problem, but not the lack of suction at the Kreepy head.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.