Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Intex Krystal Clear
Hi!
I have a few questions! I’ve tried using these tablets in the past but ended up moving over to liquid chlorine because the tabs just didn’t seem to be dissolving in my fully open floating dispenser. That lead to me never really learning how to use them.

Now, I have a new pool, fresh fill, and a ton of these and I’d like to use them up to help add some CYA to the water.

Questions:
1. For a 2,000 gallon pool, how many 1” tablets should I use? I found success in using 4 tablets to maintain a daily FC level, but that seemed so crazy to me.
2. They take FOREVER to dissolve. 1” tablets would dissolve slowly over 5 days. Is this normal?

Hi!
I usually use liquid chlorine for my maintenance dose, and I swim around 20 minutes after I add it.
However, I’ve just fresh filled my pool and am using dichlor for maintenance to get my CYA up.
How long should I wait to swim after adding the right amount of dichlor to raise my FC to 4?

Those tablets are trichlor. They add chlorine and CYA. Be very careful how you use them or your CYA will go way up.

With a 2000 gallon pool, consider following Guide for Seasonal/Temporary Pools - Trouble Free Pool
That’s right. My last pool had that issue! I switched to liquid chlorine! However, I have a new pool with fresh water - 0 CYA. So, I’m purposefully using trichlor and dichlor to raise my CYA before going back to liquid chlorine.

That is normal. Trichlor is very difficult to keep a constant FC to CYA ratio. You should add liquid chlorine every day to chlorinate the pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.