1" inline paper filter for one-person hot tub?

87seph

Jul 31, 2020
Dripping springs, TX
I have a Bestway Saluspa heater/pump connected to a 100 gallon plastic stock tank as a 1-person hot tub. Currently I have a metal mesh filter inline from the inlet and before the pump, but I'd like to swap it for a replaceable paper filter. My tubing is 1".

Any recommendations are appreciated.

Reactions: 87seph
I am not familar with the saluspa equipment or metal mesh filters. However, a filter restricts water flow, so must be considered in the sytem head. If your pump doesn't have enough head it can't move water through the filter effectively and will burn up your pump. I would recommend you verify your pumps compatability with the filter you are considering. You may need a bigger pump or different filter. There is a reason they used the filter they did. You're putting a sock in the exhaust pipe and expecting it to run the same. It won't.

@RDspaguy this is a home made system they were wanting a new paper filter for so they do not use a metal filter... :)
Right. But I have no clue what a metal filter is exactly. Is it a metal filter housing, a filter to remove metals, a somehow metallic filter media? Or if that saluspa pump is an actual spa pump, or something more like a walmart pool pump/skimmer doohickey. Saluspas are inflatables, aren't they? So I feel that the OP should make sure there is enough pump for the filter before they spend money on something that might not work out the way they were hoping. I know nothing about saluspa equipment, but know very well that you can't just slap any old filter on whatever pump happens to be there. Maybe it's just the technician in me, but I like to know BEFORE I buy. ;)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.