Pool Closing - Video Air-Locking the Main Drain Using the Cyclone Blower

Nice video. I added it to Closing Pool for Winter - Further Reading

My only critique is you should fill the plastic bottle half full of water before putting it int he skimmer. That prevents the bottle from floating above the water in the skimmer which would negate the crush zone you want in the water if it freezes.

Reactions: PoolGate
I would add to fully dry the carts. Mine take a week in the garage and need to be flipped over twice during drying.

Reactions: JamesW
I would add to fully dry the carts. Mine take a week in the garage and need to be flipped over twice during drying.

hmmm interesting. I have never had the cartridges dried before putting them in the filter for the winter. 7 closings. Is this for mold/mildew reasons?

Love it! :goodjob: Thank you @PoolGate for taking the time to make and post this video. Well done. I'm a big advocate for videos and wish we had more of them here at TFP. I'll add this to my watched list as well for future reference.

Reactions: PoolGate
You should make a trailer for your video.

I wrote this if you want to use it.

With winter fast approaching, PoolGate needed to get their pool closed and winterized before the dangerously cold sub-zero temperatures moved in and destroyed everything.

Watch as they race to get everything done as the cold front looms ominously nearby.

Will they finish in time or will the ice cold blast of winter hit with a fury and vengeance like the world has never known?

Watch as the drama plays out in high definition.

You won’t believe what happens!

I have never had the cartridges dried before putting them in the filter for the winter. 7 closings. Is this for mold/mildew reasons?
Yeah. Maybe they dry on their own once sealed back in the filter, but also maybe not.

Yeah. Maybe they dry on their own once sealed back in the filter, but also maybe not.

Prices are coming down again on filter media. I might just get 4 new ones and replace them next season after the pollen is gone (using the old set). I can get a full set of Pleatco right now for $200. I am at 5 years on my current ones anyway ($135 in 2019).

Love it! :goodjob: Thank you @PoolGate for taking the time to make and post this video. Well done. I'm a big advocate for videos and wish we had more of them here at TFP. I'll add this to my watched list as well for future reference.

Let me know what other videos would be helpful. I will see if I can make some more.

Reactions: Texas Splash

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
We'll tentatively put you down for opening as well. If you do half as well as this one, it'll still be a home run. (y)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.