New pool build - please help review the contract and equipment

Last edited:
Reactions: Tax2023
This has nothing to do with your question, just came here to say that the spa run off will give you the water sound if that’s what you are looking for. Not sure you’ll need the three bubblers.

Good luck!

Re shade there are a lot of informative posts on this forum on shade - some really good ideas and pics

Basic question is moveable or permanent. Moveable will be umbrellas, tents and such that have their own bases. Permanent would be anchored umbrellas or shade sails etc that you might think about constructing some strategic anchor points in your deck and yard area.

With these steps put in a handrail.

Everyone will be handicapped and need it at some time in their lives.

pool-3-jpeg.531961
Sure. Thank you.

This has nothing to do with your question, just came here to say that the spa run off will give you the water sound if that’s what you are looking for. Not sure you’ll need the three bubblers.

Good luck!
Yes spa runoff is mainly for the sound and appearance. Do you think we should reconsider spillover spa or any other pitfalls?

PB is giving 3 bubblers by default. It’s the same price for 3 or 2 bubblers.

Re shade there are a lot of informative posts on this forum on shade - some really good ideas and pics

Basic question is moveable or permanent. Moveable will be umbrellas, tents and such that have their own bases. Permanent would be anchored umbrellas or shade sails etc that you might think about constructing some strategic anchor points in your deck and yard area.
Thank you. I will search in the forum and get back if I have any further questions.

Yes spa runoff is mainly for the sound and appearance. Do you think we should reconsider spillover spa or any other pitfalls?

Spa spillover is required if you are sharing one set of equipment with a pool and spa.

Continuous operation of the spa spillover will cause your pH to rise more rapidly due to the aeration it causes and require more frequent additions of acid to lower the pH.

With your Aqualink we recommend you keep AUX3 free to use as your SPILLOVER control and schedule it to run and refresh the spa water once or twice a day for about 20 minutes.

Spa spillover is required if you are sharing one set of equipment with a pool and spa.

Continuous operation of the spa spillover will cause your pH to rise more rapidly due to the aeration it causes and require more frequent additions of acid to lower the pH.

With your Aqualink we recommend you keep AUX3 free to use as your SPILLOVER control and schedule it to run and refresh the spa water once or twice a day for about 20 minutes.

Love the suggestion. Thank you so much. I will go through the links and make necessary changes.

I would upsize the suction to 2.5" and the returns to 2" (before they branch off to 1.5"). What's the plumbing plan for the spa?
Thank you so much for the response.

You mean pipes near the equipment pad or the entire plumbing to upsize?

I did not ask him specifically for spa. Can you please provide if there are any recommendations?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I would upsize the suction to 2.5" and the returns to 2" (before they branch off to 1.5"). What's the plumbing plan for the spa?
As much as I love overkill, there's 3 suction lines and 6 returns bottle necking through a single 2 inch line through all the equipment.

The pump's max gpm is similar to said single 2 inch pipe and already has considerably more suction/return than it's capable of.

While it won't break the bank in the grand scheme of the build to upsize the pipes, it's entirely unnecessary IMO.

PB is giving 3 bubblers by default. It’s the same price for 3 or 2 bubblers.
We never put on the one bubbler we have. The one spillover from our spa makes enough noise already.
We didn’t add an umbrella hole to our sun bench. I haven’t done any reading to find out if they are frowned upon by the experts, so maybe check into that vs a bubbler.
We added a railing to our steps and use it frequently.

Have you discussed the payment terms?
always hold 10% until final completion - this means water in pool and all punch list items are completed.

You mean pipes near the equipment pad or the entire plumbing to upsize?

I did not ask him specifically for spa. Can you please provide if there are any recommendations?

We never put on the one bubbler we have. The one spillover from our spa makes enough noise already.
We didn’t add an umbrella hole to our sun bench. I haven’t done any reading to find out if they are frowned upon by the experts, so maybe check into that vs a bubbler.
We added a railing to our steps and use it frequently.
Thank you. We will look into the railing suggestion.

So finally we started with the pool build. Our family is so excited to see it build right in our backyard. PB started digging this Wednesday and rebar was done today (10/13). Here are some of the pictures. We are from GA and we see lot of dark reddish clay and it’s all over the place. We know we can take little inconvenience, to see our pool take its shape.

Thank you all for helping us in this journey. I will post more pics and ask many answers as we build our dream pool and backyard.

Attachments

• IMG_5189.jpeg
    IMG_5189.jpeg
    51.4 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_5188.jpeg
    IMG_5188.jpeg
    53 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_5187.jpeg
    IMG_5187.jpeg
    51.8 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_5195.jpeg
    IMG_5195.jpeg
    52.9 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_5193.jpeg
    IMG_5193.jpeg
    53.7 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_5194.jpeg
    IMG_5194.jpeg
    50.3 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_5192.jpeg
    IMG_5192.jpeg
    52.4 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_5191.jpeg
    IMG_5191.jpeg
    54.1 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_5190.jpeg
    IMG_5190.jpeg
    52 KB · Views: 24
Reactions: Newdude
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.