Harrisburg,PA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
If you have the IntelliCenter will that control the IntelliChem acid tank with pump or do you still need the IntelliChem Chemical Controller?

If you want just acid look at Intelliph, not intellichem. Intellichem is chemistry monitoring and chlorine/ph but the ORP is always a weak point.

Intelliph is just basic acid tank and pump.

Following to see answer to your question about Intellicenter

Intelliph is just basic acid tank and pump.

From Pentair Intelliph - Further Reading

The IntellipH Controller requires the IntelliChlor Power Center and ICXX cell be used with it. There are several reasons Pentair made the IntellipH dependent on an IntelliChlor:

• They use the same power supply
  • That power supply is supposed to be wired to only run when the main pump is running
  • The IpH monitors the IC's flow switch so that it won't pump acid unless there is actually flow past its injector, independent of the pump getting power or not
  • The IpH monitors the IC's temperature sensor so that it won't pump acid unless the water is warm enough
  • And the IpH disengages the IC while it's pumping acid so that you don't get high concentrations of acid and chlorine in the plumbing at the same time (which can be quite dangerous).

Thank you. That means I have the same question about the IntelliCenter and IntellipH.

Yes you need the Controllers.

The tanks and probes cannot connect directly to the IntelliCenter.

From Pentair Intelliph - Further Reading

The IntellipH Controller requires the IntelliChlor Power Center and ICXX cell be used with it. There are several reasons Pentair made the IntellipH dependent on an IntelliChlor:

• They use the same power supply
  • That power supply is supposed to be wired to only run when the main pump is running
  • The IpH monitors the IC's flow switch so that it won't pump acid unless there is actually flow past its injector, independent of the pump getting power or not
  • The IpH monitors the IC's temperature sensor so that it won't pump acid unless the water is warm enough
  • And the IpH disengages the IC while it's pumping acid so that you don't get high concentrations of acid and chlorine in the plumbing at the same time (which can be quite dangerous).
Sorry i worded my answer poorly - I meant that it’s not the full Intellichem but only acid. Mea culpa

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.