Intellichem ORP dose limit won't auto-clear (24-hr)

sophiophile

Feb 25, 2024
Newmarket, On
Hi everyone,

I know that not too many of you use/recommend intellichem systems, but hopefully someone can help.

Despite having my intellichem set to clear the dose limit every 24 hrs (vs manual or power on), when dose reach the daily dose limit, it will never clear and allow further dosing until I manually intervene on the unit.

In fact, the same thing occurs with the pH as well. But, this occurs far less often.

Does anyone have any ideas why this happens, and how to fix it?

(For reference, the system is an indoor pool with intellicenter+intellichem+intellichlor+feed tank for the acid. I'm having issues with pump disconnection as well, but I'll save that for another time, haha)

Sophi.

I can't help on the IntelliChem stuff, but your pump issue is most likely one of two things..

1. Bad F/W in the pump.. If you have 3.03 or 3.04, you will need Pentair to come out and update it..

2. Your VS pump should get constant AC power. It should not be wired through the Pump/Filter relay. If you put your system into the Service Mode and your pump display is blank, then your pump is not wired correctly.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Sophi.

I can't help on the IntelliChem stuff, but your pump issue is most likely one of two things..

1. Bad F/W in the pump.. If you have 3.03 or 3.04, you will need Pentair to come out and update it..

2. Your VS pump should get constant AC power. It should not be wired through the Pump/Filter relay. If you put your system into the Service Mode and your pump display is blank, then your pump is not wired correctly.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thank you so much for the info. I will take a look in the next couple days and post back!

As a follow up: Am I correct to assume that firmware update files are only available to Pentair reps? Even if it requires something like a serial interface/tftp/etc, I am likely capable of doing the update. (Or is some sort of custom Pentair hardware also required).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.