Pool redo, Shopping list

kash

Mar 20, 2024
Houston TX
From what i read all of this will work together. Need suggestions.
Goal 1. Efficiency
Pentair IntelliFlo3 VSF Pool Pump - 1.5HP (1)
Pentair Intellibrite Architectural Series Pool Light - 120v - 50' (2)
Pentair Color Sync Light Controller - WiFi Enabled (1)
Pentair Clean & Clear Plus 320 Sq. Ft. Cartridge Filter (1)
Pentair IntelliCenter i8PS System (1) The price different isnt much from the 5 to the 8
I wanted to get the Intellichem Controllers but have decided not to.

Kash,

I would never buy a small (1.5) HP pump, instead of the larger (3) HP pump... No matter the size of the pool or plumbing..

The larger the pump, the more water it can move at a lower RPM. The slower it can run, the cheaper it is to run, and the quieter the pump is..

My IntelliFlo runs at 1200 RPM, most of the time, and you almost have to touch it to make sure it is actually running.. :mrgreen:

The larger the filter the less back-pressure there is and the less often you need to clean it.

it is better to have too many relays than not enough.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: kash and 1poolman1
From what i read all of this will work together. Need suggestions.
Goal 1. Efficiency
Pentair IntelliFlo3 VSF Pool Pump - 1.5HP (1)
Pentair Intellibrite Architectural Series Pool Light - 120v - 50' (2)
Pentair Color Sync Light Controller - WiFi Enabled (1)
Pentair Clean & Clear Plus 320 Sq. Ft. Cartridge Filter (1)
Pentair IntelliCenter i8PS System (1) The price different isnt much from the 5 to the 8
I wanted to get the Intellichem Controllers but have decided not to.
Be aware that LED color-changing pool lights have yet to prove themselves reliable. The novelty wears off quickly when you find out what it cost to replace them. Most are not repairable.

Reactions: kash
How many gallons is the pool ? 320s for the filter may need cleaning more than once a year.

I wouldn't spend a penny without putting a SWG in. #2 and #3 are tied with the VS pump and honking large cartridge filter. Probably the pump first which will help pay for the Carts in energy savings. But yeah. SWG by a country mile for #1.

Reactions: kash and Jimrahbe