IntelliCenter 2.017 FW Update

Big Thanks for this post. I was able to revert back to previous firmware.🤞🏼hopefully it fixes the VSF issue.

Prior to seeing this post I downloaded old firmwares to a thumb drive with no luck.

I was getting the VSF firmware messgae and the IC wasn’t kicking my pump on. Called my pool builder a few days ago and they said they would get someone from Pentair out. Lucky for me others were having the same issue on this forum😈

This forum has been AMAZING to me. So the question now do I let my PB send Pentair out or stay on old firmware 🤔

Reactions: SA Pentair User
What is a Intelliflo VSF420 pump?

Do you have a 011056 VSF pump? If so that pump may need a firmware upgrade.

Check the pump firmware revision (intellicenter in service mode, on pump go to settings /firmware) 3.03 and 3.04 have issues and need to be updated.

Big Thanks for this post. I was able to revert back to previous firmware.🤞🏼hopefully it fixes the VSF issue.

Prior to seeing this post I downloaded old firmwares to a thumb drive with no luck.

I was getting the VSF firmware messgae and the IC wasn’t kicking my pump on. Called my pool builder a few days ago and they said they would get someone from Pentair out. Lucky for me others were having the same issue on this forum😈

This forum has been AMAZING to me. So the question now do I let my PB send Pentair out or stay on old firmware 🤔
If you were getting the firmware message from 2.017, have the pb update the pump. The issue of the 011056 pumps dropping the rs485 connection exists on the older firmware, it's just not as obvious. Have it updated while it's a warranty service

If you were getting the firmware message from 2.017, have the pb update the pump. The issue of the 011056 pumps dropping the rs485 connection exists on the older firmware, it's just not as obvious. Have it updated while it's a warranty service
Pentair came by and updated the pump firmware and back to being on the latest and greatest.

Reactions: Ahultin
What is a Intelliflo VSF420 pump?

Do you have a 011056 VSF pump? If so that pump may need a firmware upgrade.

Check the pump firmware revision (intellicenter in service mode, on pump go to settings /firmware) 3.03 and 3.04 have issues and need to be updated.
When in service mode on Intellicenter, on the pump LCD setting menu, I don't see firmware under settings.

You should be fine then , the problem is on the 3.03 and 3.04 revision on 011056 intelliflos
OK, I'm surprised the Intellicenter doesn't have the capability to update the firmware of the devices it has taken control over. Seems strange it cannot be updated by home owner.

OK, I'm surprised the Intellicenter doesn't have the capability to update the firmware of the devices it has taken control over. Seems strange it cannot be updated by home owner.
Keep in mind that short of some creative hardware gathering and software download, intellicenter is pentairs first "officially" user updatable hardware. The pool industry is significantly behind the 8 ball on tech.

Reactions: tradewinds

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
You should be fine then , the problem is on the 3.03 and 3.04 revision on 011056 intelliflos
IntelliFlo3 3HP PN: 011075 (without display/relay board) is also affected.
I have both IntelliFlo3 (filter) and IntelliFlo VSF PN: 011056 (features). Pentair dispatched tech to upgrade both. Tech came over and flashed only IntelliFlo VSF PN: 011056 to 3.05. It fixed my comm issues with my feature pump, but filter pump IntelliFlo3 is still not working. When asked why he did not flashed IntelliFlo3 he replied IntelliFlo3 gets OTA update in automatic when it is hooked up to internet (I assume over wifi setting in Pentair Home app). The only artifact related to "future" OTA firmware updates for IntelliFlo3 pumps I found was in Pentair product marketing sheets.
I did not find anyone on TFP confirming OTA for IntelliFlo3 is operational not marketing fluff.

On 2.017 service menu does not report firmware version for IntelliFlo3 but it does show 3.05 ver for IntelliFlo VSF PN: 011056
Reverting to 1.064 does not restore correct communication with IntelliFlo3. I can control the pump outside of IntelliCenter using Pentair Home app after I change pump automation address to an ID I do not use in IntelliCenter.
After the latest IntelliCenter app update, outdated pump fw version pop-up does not show anymore on app launch.

My Pentair Home app -> Product overview show Model IntelliFlo/Pro3 VSF 3hp Software versions:
Controller SW ver: 1.02
IoT SW ver: 0.99
Drive SW ver: 1.04
Flow Table ver: 0.03

Anyone out there running IntelliCenter on 2.017 with IntelliFlo3 as filter pump without issues?

Anyone out there running IntelliCenter on 2.017 with IntelliFlo3 as filter pump without issues?

Last month I got an IntelliCenter with 2.017 and an Intelliflo3 pump with the optional display running on my sons pool. It seems to be working well with no issues.

The IntelliCenter was a new startup clean with 2.017 and not an upgrade. It seems that problems are occuring with 2.017 upgrades from 1.065 then with clean installs.

Reactions: CapitanoFL
Last month I got an IntelliCenter with 2.017 and an Intelliflo3 pump with the optional display running on my sons pool. It seems to be working well with no issues.

The IntelliCenter was a new startup clean with 2.017 and not an upgrade. It seems that problems are occuring with 2.017 upgrades from 1.065 then with clean installs.
Thanks for sharing ajw22.
Any chance you could take a peak in service menu or pentair home app to see IntelliFlo3 firmware version ?

Thanks for sharing ajw22.
Any chance you could take a peak in service menu or pentair home app to see IntelliFlo3 firmware version ?

He is a 90 minute drive away. I will look on the next visit that is not scheduled yet.

Reactions: CapitanoFL
I'm encountering the same RS-485 problems with my HP that I saw with 2.006

I've reverted to 1.064 and will probably stay with it indefinitely.
how did you revert?

Hi all….
I’ve rolled up your comments ref Firmware v2.017 from this and other threads and I am preparing to forward them to the applicable Pentair Product Managers.

This what I have so far...

1. IntelliFlo pumps models 011056 must have their firmware (3.03/3.04) updated by a Pentair authorized service tech in most cases when IntelliCenter firmware v2.017 is installed. If their pumps are not updated to v3.05, many users experience various issues.

2. One user reported expansion panel issues, however this user is working with Pentair Tech Support directly since expansion panels are an exception and not a norm.

3. The RS-485 “enhancements" in 2.017 don't work with AquaCal heat pumps. After the heat pump spins up, there is a RS-485 glitch, the compressor coasts down, and the HP shows a comm fault. Once reverting back to 1.064, the HP works perfectly again".

4. Several users report varied issues with the “Solar Circuit”. However, others report that their solar circuit is working fine.

5. One user reports that the clock source will not change back to “Auto” on the mobile app after upgrading to v2.017.

6. One user reported issues with their IntelliFlo3 pump. “On 2.017 service menu does not report firmware version for IntelliFlo3 but it does show 3.05 ver for IntelliFlo VSF PN: 011056
Reverting to 1.064 does not restore correct communication with IntelliFlo3. I can control the pump outside of IntelliCenter using Pentair Home app after I change pump automation address to an ID I do not use in IntelliCenter
.” However, several other users report NO PROBLEMS with the IntelliFlo 3 pump.

7. There have been a couple of users that have reported various issues with the Ultra-Temp Heat Pump. They report Ultra-Temp controls work fine at the OCP but NOT with the app after upgrading to v2.017.

8. One user reported the following MasterTemp 400 error only after upgrading to v2.017. “Air Flow Fault Alarm”. This error apparently did NOT occur after reverting back to v1.064.

9. A couple of users report that the Heater Bypass Feature in the MasterTemp does not operate correctly after upgrading to v2.017.
Note: One user reports that he even had a new control board containing MasterTemp FW v2.0 installed and this action still had no positive effect on the issue.

10. One user reports the following: This occurs on both the mobile app as well as the web client (OS: Win10, Browser: Edge). Screen capture examples are available if needed to help fix this -
I enter a new program with a time such as Start - 9:00 and Stop - 9:05
It does not matter what times are actually entered, it is saved as Start - 8:00AM and Stop - 5:00PM
I can then go in and edit the program and change the time and then it is properly saved.

11. One user reports the following: "The IntelliChlor Superchlorinate feature in both the Web Client and IntelliCenter2 App does not work with firmware version v2.017 but does with v1.064."

I plan on forwarding this list to Pentair on September 22, 2023. If anyone has any further issues directly related to the v2.017 firmware release/upgrade that they would like included on this list, then please post them below and I will include them.

Thanks.
r.

Last edited:
I have the 011028 and contacted Pentair regarding upgrading the pump's firmware. They said 2.08 was the final firmware for that pump.
@pjt
Thanks much for the clarification. Must only be the 011056 that needs a firmware update to v3.05 then.
Question. Did you have to have your 011028 updated to v2.08 or was it that version out of the box?
Thanks again.
r.

Last edited:
Below is the quirkiness of the IntelliCenter web interface. I am on IC 2.017 with Windows 11 using Edge browser.

I enter a new program with a time such as Start - 9:00 and Stop - 9:05

It does not matter what time is entered it is saved as Start - 8:00AM and Stop - 5:00PM

I can then go in and edit the program and change the time and then it is properly saved.

Easy to work around once you understand the bug. Just annoying and reflects that no one in Pentair development actually uses what they put out or it would be obvious and fixed by now.

Screenshot 2023-09-19 170856.png

Screenshot 2023-09-19 170930.png

Screenshot 2023-09-19 171007.png

Screenshot 2023-09-19 171051.png
Screenshot 2023-09-19 171114.png

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.