IntelliCenter 2.017 FW Update

Not a defect with 2.017 but a defect IMHO with how Pentair is handling it...I purchased two 11056 pumps from Marina Pool & Spa in Dec 21 and DIY installed. Both have 3.03 firmware. My IC upgraded on its own to 2.017, and I had the problems with the pumps others have noted. Called Pentair and was told I would have to pay a service company to upgrade the pumps' firmware, since 11056 is a trade-grade product, and I didn't have it "professionally" installed. If the pump motor burned up or the case cracked, I understand that would be my problem, and that was a risk I was willing to take. But these pumps shipped from the factory with "bad" firmware, not even 2 years ago.

FWIW I "downgraded" the IC firmware to 1.065 and all is well now with pump comms, but obviously if Pentair ever gets a decent IC firmware version released, sounds like I will effectively have to pay to upgrade to it.

Below is the quirkiness of the IntelliCenter web interface. I am on IC 2.017 with Windows 11 using Edge browser.

I enter a new program with a time such as Start - 9:00 and Stop - 9:05

It does not matter what time is entered it is saved as Start - 8:00AM and Stop - 5:00PM

I can then go in and edit the program and change the time and then it is properly saved.

Easy to work around once you understand the bug. Just annoying and reflects that no one in Pentair development actually uses what they put out or it would be obvious and fixed by now.
Allen,
First off, I'll say that if that is the only problem that you're having with the web client with regards to creating or manipulating schedules, then you're one of the lucky few. :confused:
I know, kind of sad. Shoot, I can't even create a new schedule using the web client. It won't let me on any browser. It's been like that since about 2020. One of several reasons that I had to cross the bridge over to utilizing njspC. Anyway, I could go on and on about the web client (in fact I practically wrote a book about it and put it in Pentair's hands :p) but I'm getting off base and don't really want to hijack this thread with web client stuff. That's a whole other (huge) rabbit hole.

Moving on to 2.017, I have two questions if you wouldn't mind.

1. Did that schedule creation issue referenced above only start occurring AFTER you upgraded to 2.017 or was it like that on v1.064 as well?
2. Do you experience the same anomaly on the mobile app or is this just inherit when using the web client?

Thanks much for the input.
r.

Not a defect with 2.017 but a defect IMHO with how Pentair is handling it...I purchased two 11056 pumps from Marina Pool & Spa in Dec 21 and DIY installed. Both have 3.03 firmware. My IC upgraded on its own to 2.017, and I had the problems with the pumps others have noted. Called Pentair and was told I would have to pay a service company to upgrade the pumps' firmware, since 11056 is a trade-grade product, and I didn't have it "professionally" installed. If the pump motor burned up or the case cracked, I understand that would be my problem, and that was a risk I was willing to take. But these pumps shipped from the factory with "bad" firmware, not even 2 years ago.

FWIW I "downgraded" the IC firmware to 1.065 and all is well now with pump comms, but obviously if Pentair ever gets a decent IC firmware version released, sounds like I will effectively have to pay to upgrade to it.
@DB2
That's the first that I've heard about a situation like that.
I take it that you still haven't paid to have your pumps upgraded.
If that's the case and you want to have your 011056 pumps upgraded to v3.05 (without incurring an additional charge), so you can upgrade to IntelliCenter FW v2.017, then if you want, you can contact me on private messenger here and "maybe" I can help. Not sure it will work but maybe worth a try?
Disclaimer: No, I have no connection to the mafia, but I do know "a guy" :p, who might be able to fix this for you.
Thanks...
r.

1. Did that schedule creation issue referenced above only start occurring AFTER you upgraded to 2.017 or was it like that on v1.064 as well?

I don't know. I originally added my programs at the OCP. Recently I had to do various maintenance that required deleting and readding programs that I encountered this.

2. Do you experience the same anomaly on the mobile app or is this just inherit when using the web client?

Just tried it on the IntelliCenter2 app on my iPhone IOS17 and it again added the program with the 8AM - 5PM times.

IntelliCenter2.com refuses to run on Firefox browser. It works for me on Microsoft Edge.

I maintain four different ways of accessing the IC - OCP, ICP, IOS app, webapp. When one way doesn't work correctly I jump to another.

Reactions: MyAZPool
I don't know. I originally added my programs at the OCP. Recently I had to do various maintenance that required deleting and readding programs that I encountered this.

Just tried it on the IntelliCenter2 app on my iPhone IOS17 and it again added the program with the 8AM - 5PM times.

IntelliCenter2.com refuses to run on Firefox browser. It works for me on Microsoft Edge.

I maintain four different ways of accessing the IC - OCP, ICP, IOS app, webapp. When one way doesn't work correctly I jump to another.
Perfect. Thanks, that's helpful.
I'm not sure, but if that anomaly is occurring on both the mobile app AND the web client, could very well be a firmware issue and not just a web client glitch.
I'll append this issue to the list.
Thanks again!

I have a 011056 that is running 2.11, should I upgrade to IC 2.0.17 so I can open a ticket with Pentair to have the pump upgraded? I did upgrade, the pump kept running, but I didn't play too much with it since I use NodeJS PoolController which doesn't support this version - so I reverted back.

Reactions: MyAZPool

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I have a 011056 that is running 2.11, should I upgrade to IC 2.0.17 so I can open a ticket with Pentair to have the pump upgraded? I did upgrade, the pump kept running, but I didn't play too much with it since I use NodeJS PoolController which doesn't support this version - so I reverted back.
@snagytx81
Thanks. I'm in the same boat as you. I'm still running the 011056 firmware 2.11 as well. I too can't run v2.017 due to the fact that I'm also utilizing nodejs-pC.
As far as I'm concerned, nodejs-pC is much more important to me than just having my pump fw upgraded to v3.05.

If it's a choice between IC FW v2.017 /IF v3.05 (both of which I see no clear advantage to me) and njspC? I'll choose njspC. Because I'm also utilizing the njspC dashPanel (a clear advantage over any Pentair user interface) and the REM Chemical/Sensor software, njspC to me, is a clear winner every time.
r.

Last edited:
@snagytx81
Thanks. I'm in the same boat as you. I'm still running the 011056 firmware 2.11 as well. I too can't run v2.017 due to the fact that I'm also utilizing nodejs-pC.
As far as I'm concerned, nodejs-pC is much more important to me than just having my pump fw upgraded to v3.05.

If it's a choice between IC FW v2.017 /IF v3.05 (both of which I see no clear advantage to me) and njspC? I'll chose njspC. Because I'm also utilizing the njspC dashPanel (a clear advantage over any Pentair user interface) and the REM Chemical/Sensor software, njspC to me, is a clear winner every time.
r.
You are perfectly right, but i was thinking to upgrade, request the firmware on the pump, have it upgraded and then revert the IC firmware - but I just realized, that maybe 1.064 won't work with 3.05 running on the pump. I wonder if Pentait will upgrade the firmware after the warranty runs out, I still have about one year of warranty.

You are perfectly right, but i was thinking to upgrade, request the firmware on the pump, have it upgraded and then revert the IC firmware - but I just realized, that maybe 1.064 won't work with 3.05 running on the pump. I wonder if Pentait will upgrade the firmware after the warranty runs out, I still have about one year of warranty.
@snagytx81
I guess if it were me, you might take a "wait and see" approach for a while towards this dilemma. That's exactly what I'm doing.
And you bring up a really good point. What if you do upgrade your pump FW to v3.05 and revert back to v1.064 and then there are RS-485 issues between the OCP and the pump? Then what? :unsure:
I'm not having any issues at the moment, so I've decided to live by the old adage - "If it ain't broke, don't try to fix it". :)
Thanks..
r.

Several users have reported that after creating a guest user account, that the guest user cannot control the pool at all.
They can see the pool and spa status and temperatures but can't turn anything on or off.
It seems that the only way to turn on/off lights, circuits, circuit groups etc. is to give them administrator access which of course defeats the whole purpose of a "guest account".
I just tried this and the same thing happens.

Has anyone else had the same experience?
Thanks,
r.

As an update, yesterday a tech came out and flashed both pumps to 3.05. They have been rock solid stable since. This also seemed to resolve an intermittent intellichlor disconnected that I would get so I'm guessing 3.03/3.04 introduced some "noise" on the buss that is since eliminated.
I tried to peep the software he was using for the firmware update but could not. He used a standard 2 wire intelliflo data cable with a USB to rs485 dongle. The update was offline as he did not need to connect to the internet. He did have to pull out an old laptop as he said whatever software he used is not windows 11 compatible.
I asked him about the mastertemp issue with the bypass valve and while he seemed knowledgeable on everything else I quizzed him on, he didn't even realize the newer mastertemp had a valve actuator header 🤦🏾‍♂️
I do think I made a new friend to source dead intellivalves for rebuild from though 😁
the mastertemp does not have a valve on its header. Thats jandy jxi. The newer mastertemps can use a jva to work as a bypass but doesnt attach to the header

the mastertemp does not have a valve on its header. Thats jandy jxi. The newer mastertemps can use a jva to work as a bypass but doesnt attach to the header
The newer mastertemp absolutely has a valve actuator header on its board.

You two guys are using header in different contexts.

Jandy JXI has a valve on the WATER header manifold.

Pentair MasterTemp has an ELECTRICAL header connector block on the PCB.

You are both right.

Stand down.

Per the following post within this thread...
I have sent your revised comments/concerns to the applicable personnel at Pentair.
Thanks very much to everyone who took the time to participate!
r.

Reactions: pjt

@DB2
I brought your issue (having to pay for a re-flash), up to one of the Senior Product Managers at Pentair because frankly, this just didn't seem right to me.
He indicates that he would be happy to investigate this issue for you.
Please send me a private message (pm) here on TFP. Click the envelope icon in the upper RH corner.

When you contact me, you'll need to provide me with your email address so I can put him in touch with you.

Also, if there’s a service ticket reference number provided by Pentair Technical Services, that would be extremely helpful as well.
He indicates the following: "Location is key, but we’ll see about the feasibility of a local Pentair service manager responding to the issue".

Okay.. Let me know...
Thanks...
r.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.