First water test

I just finished the test with both kits.
HTH
PH 7.3
CL 3
TA 70
CH 50
CYA 30 (still barely see the bottom)

FT 100
Cl 2
PH 7.4
FC 3
CC 0
TA 90
CH 50
CYA 20 (25 just in the middle of 30 and 20 I couldnt see the black bottom but I dont know If I have to put 25 or 20)

Im confuse with the CYA. Because in 40 is very cloudy but I still can see the black circle. Is really a must that you dont have to see the botton of even is so so cloudy means that I have CYA?

I see no point using the HTH test.

There are two chlorine tests in the TF100. I suggested you do both and compare to see if you can read the yellow one correctly These last results show a 1 ppm discrepancy. So keep practicing. And if you haven;t got it mastered in a week, just skip the OTO tests and rely on the FAS-DPD test results.

They CYA sounds about 25. If you added 9 ounces by weight, it should be about 40. So it's either not dissolved all the way, or you weighed wrong, or the pool is bigger than you think, or you did the test wrong. If it's still reading low in 3 days, add more to get it to 40.

How does the water look? The chemistry looks fine. Is it warm enough to swim yet?

Thanks Richard
So Im gonna forget about the HTH
Whats do you suggest is to to the FAS -DPD and the OTO at the same time and based on the result of the FAS DPD, I must read the right color on the OTO and in the future I must based in that correct color?
Sorry my english :(
Im gonna wait a couple days to test CYA again, I put the right amount, and a little more because of the with stones formed with the PH Plus. But The water was 1600 and I added 9 oz.
The water looks great, sparkling, clean, clear...
No swiming yet :( maybe tomorrow.

Except for the CYA, Im gonna adjust everything in the pool math only adding 4,8 oz og 8,25 bleach and nothing more, Correct???

Thanks Richard
So Im gonna forget about the HTH
Whats do you suggest is to to the FAS -DPD and the OTO at the same time and based on the result of the FAS DPD, I must read the right color on the OTO and in the future I must based in that correct color?
No, just keep practicing with it. The colors are very hard to distinguish. It took me months before I was able to use the OTO test accurately. Use the FAS-DPD test to dose, but practice with the OTO test. And if you just can't ever seem to read the same as the FAS-DPD test gets, skip it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Ho Again
I just tested and the result is:
PH 7,4
Cl 0,5
FC 2.5
CC 0
I added 3/4 of bleach.
Do you think that I can test the CYA again?
I need to add a couple more of water tomorrow (hot) because I lost like 1 inch of water in these days and the water is still cold for my 3 years old to swim :(
I need to buy a vaccum because there are lots of bugs in the bottom, some advice of wich brand?
Thanks again

The most important thing is to never let it drop below the minimum ... so you need to set your target to a level such that you still have enough FC when you test and dose the next time.

Hi
Im enjoying the pool a lot. I Clean the filtrar every week, use the vacum and every night i cover it. Im adding bleach every night and I added ph plus to raise twice in 2 weeks. The walls of the pool are great, no algae but the water is not si sparkling.
I just tested the water
FC 2,5
Cc 0
Ph7,3
Cl 1,5
Ta 90
CH 50

I need to add right now bleach. But what about the CH?

You don't need Calcium in a vinyl liner pool.

How long are you running the filter each day? If it's getting a lot of use, you need to filter out all the stuff people track in and shed and your chlorine consumption will go up, so don't let it dip below minimum or soon you'll be starting a thread that says, "My pool is green - now what?"

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.