First Test

mknauss: I should be better about the lingo I use. I literally drained 2/3s of the pool and refilled using the hose following. Not so much an exchange as a drain/refill.

wireform: I have a TF-pro kit. It has you fill 7.5ml w/ pool water and 7.5ml with CYA reagent (for the diluted test, I have been filling 3.75ml w/ pool water and 3.75 w/ tap water - these are eye-balled approximations as I do not have a micropipette. Shake, wait 30 seconds, shake again. Then with the CYA tube at waist level (I use the kitchen counter - good lighting) you drop that mixture into a small CYA tube until the black dot at the bottom of the tube is no longer visible. The reading on the side of the tube is your CYA.

If anyone has tips or tricks for becoming more accurate w/ CYA tests please let me know.

I'm anxious to see what it reads this evening after mixing 24 hours. As HermanTX stated above, I assume my CYA was just much higher to start than I anticipated. Should have done a full drain possibly. Makes me wonder if the previous owners just dumped a container of stabilizer in before they left. At any rate, I'm ready to get his straightened out. :drown: