Zero pool experience and getting ready to jump in!

BowserWowser

Feb 28, 2021
Virginia Beach, VA
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
We have 3 adults in our house (my mother lives with us), and none of us has ever owned a pool of any kind beyond the inflatable we used last summer! We have two boys ages 7 and almost 9 plus some family that lives very close by, so add nieces ages 14 and almost 3. Pandemic summer #2 is coming, and these Virginia Beach summers are very long for us having grown up in New England...

So we're getting a pool!

We have decided on a 54" deep 27' round above ground pool. None of us are into diving, so we don't need a very deep pool, and by going with the less expensive above ground purchase and install, we can afford more in the way of upgrades, surrounding deck, and toys :)

We have quotes and info from 2 reputable, local pool companies. I've done quite a bit of reading and asking questions about metal vs resin, liners, pumps...but I'm struggling with fully understanding and deciding on filter system, which is how I ended up here. One dealer wants to sell us a Frog mineral system, and the other suggests the SimpleSalt system, and after all of about 5 minutes on TFP, I'm now convinced they're both expensive garbage!

Hoping to learn more so I can confidently make a decision and get our

Reactions: Mdragger88
Welcome to the forum!
Head on over to the Above Ground Pools forum and start a thread about your new pool.
And yes, both the Frog and the Simple Salt are 'expensive garbage'. Get them to install a Saltwater Chlorine Generator.
I suggest you read ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry.

Reactions: Mdragger88