#yolo_az New Build!

great ideas on the gate. adding a cover and it to my ToDo list.

we have water and 40 degree temps over night so it could be long time before we jump in. :(

we are more than happy with our choices and overall look of the backyard. PB has on on the ignore list now though. the auto fill valve at the spicket has as slow drip and we have so many busted corners on the travertine. that part sucks.

Splash City! by a ham23, on Flickr

Fire! by a ham23, on Flickr

Fire! by a ham23, on Flickr

Your pool and yard Looks great.

We have a heat pump/solar cover and swam on Sunday. But when I saw the temperature forecast for the week, I turned the heat pump off. If I see any forecast of temps close to 80's in the near future, I will fire it up but no one wants to swim/float/play volleyball when the outside temps are in the 60's. I do not regret the heat/cool pump because we were swimming comfortably on November 11 and it will keep our pool cooler in the middle of summer. But a heat pump doesn't really give you comfortable year round swimming.

appreciate that feedback and it is sorta what i am thinking. this is just a bit of remorse for having a pool done in NOV or out of swim season. lol.

def plan on getting in it for a plunge on Thanksgiving.

Actually they did eventually come back, about 10 days ago and replaced most them. No questions asked. It does seem this Travertine is prettty soft.

We are pretty satisfied at this point. Except we won’t be swimming for many months. Water is at 50 degrees today! :(

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
With a two story home and rear yard facing north we are not seeing much sun back there. Almost too cold to even sit out there...unless we crank up the fire pit. We did take a little walk in the pool, but that was about it. We have already had some awesome nights with family and friends just chilling out there with the fire pit blazing! Can not wait for swim season!

And Done! by a ham23, on Flickr

And Done! | a ham23 | Flickr

Yup, with the back of the house facing north (same as mine), you loose the sunlight during the winter. But during the summer, it stays cooler in the backyard then southern exposure. I purposely had that as one of the requirements when we were looking.
Another nice thing, you’ll use very little chlorine during the winter because there is no sun to burn it off. I went from a quart a day in summer, down to a little over a quarter cup a day now.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.