#yolo_az New Build!

Working on landscaping designs and quotes while waiting for the shotcrete to get poured this week.

Lighting and Palm Trees are a must. :)

Any thoughts on what brand of lighting to look at? One quote had super expensive stuff from FX and the other basic Hampton Bay lights anyone can get from Home Depot. About 15 LED Path Lights and 4 or 5 LED Spot Lights, plus the transformer, wiring, and installation. I was looking at VOLT Lighting, but not sure my landscaper works with them. Much thanks all!

Well they came a day early, this Wednesday, and did the concrete. It was a light rain here in AZ and they were finishing up when I got home around 4 pm. TONS of over spray on the rear of our house. It is a tight space, but to me the over spray was excessive. Overall the site was a pure mess. They left gloves, tools, & stuff everywhere. Called the PB who came out the next day. He had the sub come back out and clean stuff up. The big smudges and blobs of concrete are gone, but there's a lot of over spray still there. We have a burnt orange color stucco. I have no idea how to clean it off from here. I mean its basically part of the stucco now. While its not a huge obvious eyesore this is a brand new house. Any tips?

I will get pics up later. Much thanks.

That stinks. Did they not use tarps like they did on mine (pictured in my build thread)?

I would ask the PB what they plan to do to get that off of your house before doing anything else. They had a tight space where my block fence is concerned but the tarps kept it off of there.

PB says they used tarps, but gave me the tight space high PSI bull. They came back and cleaned the majority of it off, but there's a tone of little grey dots when you get up close to the house. Not sure what can be done, besides painting over it.

Oh that sucks. I would make them sand down the ruff stuff on the house and paint over it. The glass can be scraped with a razor blade. And it looks like some on your screen, if that doesn’t come off, make them buy a new screen.

In a tight environment like that, they should have setup 4x8 sheets of plywood to protect the house.

Working on landscaping designs and quotes while waiting for the shotcrete to get poured this week.

Lighting and Palm Trees are a must. :)

Any thoughts on what brand of lighting to look at? One quote had super expensive stuff from FX and the other basic Hampton Bay lights anyone can get from Home Depot. About 15 LED Path Lights and 4 or 5 LED Spot Lights, plus the transformer, wiring, and installation. I was looking at VOLT Lighting, but not sure my landscaper works with them. Much thanks all!

For my reno I’ve gone with the Pentair Intellibrite garden lights that work with the Pentair system. The lights in the backyard will by synchronized with the pool and spa lights.

https://pentairpool.com/en/products/lighting/intellibrite color-changing led landscape light

Since you are also using Pentair for your pool equipment, it might be something to look into.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
You are passing my build and started well after me :(

I had a conversation with them today and they know I am not happy. Lots of excuses and I am just trying to keep calm and remind myself that I will have a pool someday relatively soon. They have not done anything on my job since 9/18 on my job except deliver tile/travertine. I was told last week that the masons were given a green light to build the raised wall and equipment wall but no one has showed.

its odd how the process works. they are doing the pool across the street as well. i think we caught up to his build too. he just had all his fancy rock slid stuff done and his build is a bit more complex.

sounds like it is the mason guys who showed up today. the water feature wall with sheers and equipment wall are going in. we don't have our travertine materials yet, but sounds like late next week. these guys are just so busy with all the new builds. crazy.

Most of the overspray should come off. Our screens, windows and house render were covered. They did tarp well too. The glass scraped off with a razor blade. The screens cleaned up pretty well with a pressure clean or three. The render, a lot came off with the pressure cleaner but it had received damage from the equipment and was also a bit tired prior to the build so we have just had it painted. Looks a million bucks now. The painters found overspray all under the eaves [emoji15] I hadn’t seen that! They had to spent ages scrubbing it off before they could start painting.

I know it’s tough having to wait it out, but the last thing you want is a rush job!!

just frustrated with the schedule. We are using the same pool builder and my travertine/tile is sitting in my front yard waiting for masons. Masons are at aham’s today and I have been waiting for them to show at my house for a week. As I said in my own build thread, the lack of communication is what bothers me more than the delays. Hearing for 10 days that the masonry should be done “tomorrow” is worse than them telling me it will be at least a week for them to be out.

yeah, i doubt i see more than our gas line done this week. my yard is unfinished so the side access will be pure mud for a couple days after. they wont be able to drag any materials back there. oh well, looks like summer is over anyway... tried to fix the pics.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.