#yolo_az New Build!

aham23

Aug 8, 2018
AZ
Who moves to AZ from Chicago and doesn't get a pool from day one?!? This guy unfortunately, but we are under contract and look to get started with excavation next week.

Lots are small in AZ, even when compared to the Chicago burbs. So, are pool will be 30x14, with depths of 3/4/5.6, 14700 gallons.

Right now I am focused on the equipment list and figuring out the right direction to go. This is our first pool of any kind and we have no real background with them.

Pentair 520 Cartriage Filter
Pentair VS Pump
Pentair Intellaconnect Remote

All the PB we interviewed seem to discourage going with SWG. After spending some time here it seems that SWG is way to go. I would love some feedback on that on equipment. I might sit down with the PB and price out the following upgrades;

Pentair Easy Touch with IC40 Chlorine Generator and an Intelliflow Pump with no SVRS.

I will upload the complete build specs and some pics later. Much thanks everyone!

POOLVAC
Jandy Valve and Dedicated 1 1/2" Line w/ Vac Mate
Automatic Water Leveler w/ 20' Hose Bib to Crock

UPGRADE TO PENTAIR 520 CARTRIDGE FILTER
UPGRADE TO PENTAIR VARIABLE SPEED PUMP

Each Aerator (Includes 20' of 3/4" Line)

36COLORLED SHEER

1/2" Electrical Conduit Run Panel to Equipment Over 50'
upgradeto 3/4" conduittotalrun
PENTAIRCOLOR LED LIGHT

Any Beach Entry or Extended Step or Ledge Each
Umbrella Sleeve in Benches, Steps, or Pool

PENTAIR INTELLACONNECT REMOTE

Natural Gas Line Base 25'
Extra Line Per Foot, 1 " (300K Htr. Max. 40')
Additional Tee w/ Riser Each
Fire Pit Valve & Cross (Add Gas Line Above)

TRAVERTINE STEPS
12"x 12"P aver(300-50s0q .ft.)
12" x 12" Coping Paver
TRAVERTINE CURBING

MASONRY WATER FEATURE
Date8/8/201 8 Page2
TOTAL WOK POT ON MASONRY OPTIONS

ARTIFICALTURF

EquipmenWt all Per Foot, TotalW all

FIRE PIT PER PLAN

NPT-MINI-PEBBLE

CUSTOM DESIGN AND ON-THE-JOB SUPERVISION
ALL ENGINEERED PLANS/ BUILDING PERMITS/ POOL LAYOUT
UP TO 80 PERIMETER FT. AND 400 SQ. FT. OF SURFACE AREA
3'x5'x4'0R 3'x 5'DEPTH
NORMAL TRACK-HOE EXCAVATION WITH 1 0 FOOT ACCESS
ALL PLUMBLING SCHEDULE 40 NON-CORROSIVE PVC
15 FOOT PLUMBING RUN FROM SURFACE SKIMMER TO EQUIPMENT
DUAL 2 INCH MAIN SAFETY DRAINS / 4 ADJUSTABLE RETURN LINES
I LARGE AERATOR / I H.P. PUMP
48 SQ. FT. D.E. OR 325 SQ. FT. CARTRIDGE FILTER
UP TO 50 FT. ELECTRIC RUN FROM HOUSE PANEL TO EQUIPMENT
DELUXETIMECLOCKATEQUIPMENT
400 WATT LIGHT REMOTE CONTROL GFI PROTECTED
STRUCTURAL STEEL SCHEDULE THAT MEETS OR EXCEEDS ALL LOCAL CODES
SHOTCRETE 6 TO 8 INCH THICKNESS WITH REINFORCED FLOOR MESH
CUSTOM STEPS AND 6 FOOT BENCH OR LOVE SEAT
WATER LINE TILE (CHOICE OF STANDARD SELECTIONS)
WHITE PLASTER INTERIOR. DELUXE WATER MAINTENANCE KIT
COMPLETE START-UP INSTRUCTIONS AND CHEMICALS
LIFETIME STRUCTURAL WARRAN'TY
EQUIPMENT CARRIES MANUFACTURER'S 2 YEAR "BUMPER-TO-BUMPER" WARRANTY
NOTE: ANY NECESSARY RETAININGW ALLS OR GRADING. FENCE REMOVALO R
REPLACEMENT. TIGHT ACCESS EXCAVATIONS, HARD DIGS, SUB PANELS, AND
BARRIER CODE REQUIREMENTS ARE ADDITIONAL COST TO BUYER.

- - - Updated - - -

A couple pics...

Attachments

• Pool1.jpg
    Pool1.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 675
Based on the text you posted, I'm guessing you are using Pegasus pools. We are just about to the point of signing a contract with them (assuming I am correct) and all of that looks very familiar. They were discouraging the use of salt water due to having travertine throughout the backyard, but I am going to get it anyway. I would get the upgrade to the Easy Touch and IC40 salt system. Ask them about throwing in the Screen logic with the Easy Touch, so that you can control everything from your phone. Might want to consider going deeper. Again, based on my assumption of your builder, it wasn't much extra cost to go deeper and a deeper pool helps keep it cooler here in AZ.

Reactions: Rwag666
You are correct!

They basically said if you go salt then you cant have travertine. The salt will "ruin" it. A few other pool owners have said the same to me. Lots of pool owners around here on indifferent on the salt vs chlorine and just go with the cheaper initial equipment. I do think we are starting at 3.5 and going to 6. Wife wants to be able to "stand" and play catch. Honestly I would love to 8 and put in a big slide :).

Thanks for the tips!

aham,

You really want an EasyTouch with built-in SWCG power supply and IC40... I can guarantee that you will not be happy with the "INTELLACONNECT", which is more of a toy than a real automation system.

As KingStar points out... tell them you want this ET with ScreenLogic thrown in... https://sunplay.com/collections/pentair-easytouch-control-systems/products/pentair-easy-touch-control-system-520593

Note... I am assuming no spa, just a pool..

Thanks,

Jim R.

- - - Updated - - -

Makes sure they do not try to sell you the 'Lite' version of the ET... It will have an 'L' in the model number.. like PL4 or PSL4..

I think you're gonna be kinda miserable with a pool depth of only 3 feet in the shallow end. Not only will that water heat up something fierce and feel swampy, it only goes up to your knee caps and is worthless for swimming. Knuckles will scrape the bottom trying to swim a lap.

Go deeper! Put some stairs in for the folks who just want their ankles wet, but I'd suggest 4' as your starting point. IMO, of course.

Maddie :flower:

I will have to get the manufacture info on the Travertine for sure. Busy day on my little street with two concrete truck and crews surrounding us working on neighbor pools. Our dig starts next Thursday!

aham,

You really want an EasyTouch with built-in SWCG power supply and IC40... I can guarantee that you will not be happy with the "INTELLACONNECT", which is more of a toy than a real automation system.

As KingStar points out... tell them you want this ET with ScreenLogic thrown in... https://sunplay.com/collections/pen...ucts/pentair-easy-touch-control-system-520593

Note... I am assuming no spa, just a pool..

Thanks,

Jim R.

- - - Updated - - -

Makes sure they do not try to sell you the 'Lite' version of the ET... It will have an 'L' in the model number.. like PL4 or PSL4..

so whats the difference or downside to have the "Lite" version? asking for a friend....

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
so whats the difference or downside to have the "Lite" version? asking for a friend....

The lite version does not have a load center (no place to put your circuit breakers), only have 4 pump speeds and 4 total programs, and only 1 feature circuit, plus it does not come with the built-in SWCG power supply.

Jim R.

Search! Just found that as well, much thanks!

We have one pump, but asked to be able to operate the water feature independently from the rest of the pool equipment. I see the PSL4 comes with two actuators. Maybe that is why we have it? I will admit, this is our first pool of any kind and we rushed into it. BUT coming from Chicago to AZ in July means it is HOT!

Search! Just found that as well, much thanks!

We have one pump, but asked to be able to operate the water feature independently from the rest of the pool equipment. I see the PSL4 comes with two actuators. Maybe that is why we have it? I will admit, this is our first pool of any kind and we rushed into it. BUT coming from Chicago to AZ in July means it is HOT!

The "Lite" version EasyTouch does not normally come with actuators... Are you sure what you are getting is an PSL4??? What is the P/N... It will be something like "520540" or similar number...

Jim R.

Yes, that is the lite version... Obviously, it is your pool and you should do what you want, but I suggest you bookmark this page, so that you can come back here in the future and kick yourself in the rear for buying the lite version. :p

Our job is to provide with you information and your job is to do what you think is best.

But you won't be able to say that we did not warn you!! :p

Thanks,

Jim R.

I am all for being told the right way to do something. That's why I am here! When I told the PB I wanted to upgrade to the Easytouch AND wanted to control the water features separately that is the unit he provided. It is not installed yet, just sitting in the yard. He claims I need the Spa Version since I want this separate control. He made no comment on the lite vs non lite version. Why do all PBs just default to the Lite version? I am calling him this morning. Thank you!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.