Yet another Ground Leveling Question

TexasSummers

May 17, 2020
Frisco, TX
Bear with me for yet another question about leveling the ground for a metal frame above ground pool. I've read a lot of good stuff on here, but can't sort out a definitive answer.

We've got a 14' x 42" summer waves metal frame pool. Our ground has a gentle slope and a lot of high spots. The least terrible spot is still about 3 - 4" out of level with a few high spots. I know the right way to do this - remove the sod and dig the high spots to level (+/- 1") with the lowest spot. I don't want to do that for a few reasons: I tried to do it with hand tools and it was a disaster. Bids for a professional leveling were close to $1,000, which I don't want to do. Besides, we are planning to use this for the summer and take it down, and I'd rather not have a big hole to deal with afterwards.

I hear from so many people that put down a tarp and call it good, I wonder if I'm making it too complicated for a 1-season install. Is 3-4" off level too much if we're only planning to use it for 3 months? Are there simpler solutions that would be "goode enough" for a 3 month period? Or is it really a case where if I'm not going to do it the right way I shouldn't do it at all?

You pool is about 4,000 gallons. That is about 33,000 lbs of water. Being off level can put lots of weight unevenly on one area of the pool.

If you choose to put it up then keep a careful eye if the pool walls are bending. You don't want it to fail while people are in the pool. No one can tell you if "good enough" is safe and will last a season.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.