Yes, another recommendation needed. (I read a ton of posts and now more confused than ever)

ashtonbritney

Bronze Supporter
Jul 31, 2018
Albemarle, NC
Hi All,
Need you all to come to the rescue, again. :) We just replaced the vinyl liner on our pool and we also had it resurfaced with vermiculite. I am tired of cleaning this by hand and our pool is surrounded by oak trees. Definitely, been an adventure the last 2 years. 18x36x8 Grecian style pool. So many products and types. Do I have to worry about any of the robots hurting the vinyl liner? Because of the Grecian style do I need anything special? I am looking at the Dolphin Nautilus CC Plus, Dolphin Nautilus, or the Dolphin Advantage. Would a wheeled polaris be better?

This was a great article and compared them.

As always you all awesome. Thank you for taking the time to help me!

Tagging along here. We’ve had our pool intake hose vac thingy that came for free with the pool. We’re ready for a real vacuum.

It’s hard to find reliable reviews especially of durability. I’m sort of looking for the Toyota of pool vacs. Very reliable, durable, simple, never breaks, good value. Doesn’t have to be the best or fanciest. We don’t have a ton of stuff in the pool.

thanks

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
A Pentair Warrior SE just came home to me from them and its amazing.

Maddie 🌻

Congrats Maddie!!

Ashton - I’m sure it will do a great job for you. And if you have a dog, they will like barking at it when it surfaces to hit the waterline.

Ok...I dont know why I didnt get a real pool cleaner sooner! I know people say that all the time. I just wished I would have listened and spent the money. I know they expensive but truly one of the best buys I have made. Honestly, this has saved me hours of work. I am surrounded by dozens of fully aged trees (oaks, ash) that are so big it takes two people to put are arms around. I having been fighting seeds, leaves, and bugs daily. The new robot ,"Bruce", the wife named it from Finding Nemo, completely takes care of this.
I am still wondering how everyone uses them. Do you leave it in the water during the week and have it programmed to run daily, every couple, or weekly? Do you take it out and store it each day? Currently, I am running it every other day(maybe overkill) but the pool is spotless and take it out after each clean.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.