Goldsboro, NC
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Our pool just finished filling today (municipal water) after a new liner installation. Ever since it had a good amount of water in the deep end it has had a yellow/green tint to it. The shallow end looks normal. I have attached a pic of salt in the deep end. You can see the main drain and salt look yellow/green. The pool store tested for metals and everything came back 0ppm. Latest test results are below. Thoughts?

FC - 3
CC - 0.5
CYA - 0 (added enough to get to 40 and will then add more to get to 70)
Salt - 0 (added a little more than half that is needed)
pH - 7.2
TA - 40
CH - 25

Attachments

• IMG_1297.jpg
    IMG_1297.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 23
Usually a yellow tint to new water is iron, often made worse when adding chlorine.
What brand of salt did you add? There have been more than a few reports of the Clorox Pool Salt causing iron staining due to contaminants.

Usually a yellow tint to new water is iron, often made worse when adding chlorine.
What brand of salt did you add? There have been more than a few reports of the Clorox Pool Salt causing iron staining due to contaminants.
Diamond Crystal yellow bag. It had that tint to it prior to adding the salt.

It’s odd that it would just now start having that tint with that water source. It is the same one we have used for 9 years.

If it is iron, is it something the filter can catch without me adding anything else to the water? The reason I ask is because the filter has only been running 2 hours with this new water, so I know it hasn’t had time to turn over completely yet. Just wondering if it is usually caught by the filter and that’s why I’ve never noticed it.

If the water is tinted, then the iron is oxidized and out of solution so the filters can usually capture it. Some members put polyfill in their skimmers of rig at a polyfill filter system to put the iron out.

If the water is tinted, then the iron is oxidized and out of solution so the filters can usually capture it. Some members put polyfill in their skimmers of rig at a polyfill filter system to put the iron out.
Thanks @jblizzle

I will put some polyfill in there and see if I can’t get it filtered out.

I’m happy to report that the water was clear this AM. I put some polyfill in the skimmers. They didn’t seem to have a color to them, but the water is clear nonetheless. Thanks again for the help!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.