Yellow stains on pebble

Surfnsnowboard3

Sep 22, 2019
arizona
Can’t figure out what it is. Small areas of circular-ish yellow stain on the pebble. The pool has been SLAM, vacuum and brushed with a wire brush. Won’t come off. Help?

Attachments

• D27DD5C7-39F4-4668-9D23-3E70E84CA70E.jpeg
    D27DD5C7-39F4-4668-9D23-3E70E84CA70E.jpeg
    644.4 KB · Views: 32
Yup.... there's a lot of copper in those pucks. I would suspect you have copper stains from the use of Clorox Xtrablue pucks.
Pool Rx is horrible for your pool. Why did you add that??
If you filled the pool from a well, or notice stains in your sinks and toilets it tends to be iron. If you don't see that, you probably don't have iron.

Copper. Both of those items add copper to your water.

Removal of copper stains is difficult. And if you get them to lift off the surface, you must drain the pool to rid it of the copper.

i don’t normally use pucks, but I can’t find liquid chlorine anywhere right now so I have to. I will stop as soon as I can get liquid chlorine. I’ll take out the pool rx right now.

what’s best plan to get rid of copper?

Yup.... there's a lot of copper in those pucks. I would suspect you have copper stains from the use of Clorox Xtrablue pucks.
Pool Rx is horrible for your pool. Why did you add that??
If you filled the pool from a well, or notice stains in your sinks and toilets it tends to be iron. If you don't see that, you probably don't have iron.

Why did I add it? Because I thought it would be a good thing. Obviously you disagree. Sorry I’m so dumb.
I don’t have a choice for pucks at this time. Due to liquid chlorine shortage.

Have you any plain, unscented, non-Clorox type bleach found in laundry aisle. That can be used also.

You're not "dumb".... a pool store probably took avantage of you. They often sell the worst products then when they don't work they tell you to try something else. Pool stores often do more harm than good.

Maddie :flower:

I see that a bit over a year ago you were using PoolRx and warned against it. If you've used it for a year I can imagine your copper level is quite high.
You may want to take a sample to the pool store and ask for just a metals test. Don't buy anything they try to sell you, but let us know the results. It may (or may not) make the advice on how much water to exchange different.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I see that a bit over a year ago you were using PoolRx and warned against it. If you've used it for a year I can imagine your copper level is quite high.
You may want to take a sample to the pool store and ask for just a metals test. Don't buy anything they try to sell you, but let us know the results. It may (or may not) make the advice on how much water to exchange different.

I will test ASAP and post the results for advice. Thank you

Check for HASA dealers in your area. They are in many areas of S California. They sell liquid chlorine.
Get back on liquid chlorine. Have you tried Poolwerx on Alabama? This is what you're looking for. Full strength HASA chlorine and MA.
Capture.JPG

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.