Wow, have SWGs climbed in price!!!

Mar 26, 2014
San Jose, CA
I bought a Circupool RJ-45 plus a year ago from Discount Salt Pool and have been very happy with it. I haven't really been looking at equipment much over the last year and was surprised to see the same exact SWG system I purchased now running $330 higher than last year. :oops: :oops::oops:

Anybody know why? I know liquid chlorine prices have gone up quite a bit, but these generate their own chlorine. I guess I feel very fortunate that I got in on one last year at the much cheaper price.:cheers:

Well I guess I’m not crazy. I have been contemplating a Circupool RJ45 Plus for a couple of years now and was all set to order it this week. I swore it was like $1138 10ish days ago when I had it in my cart and now it’s showing $1299. This is a huge jump compared to when I first started looking at it a couple years ago when I believe it was around $900. I know continuing to wait will just lead to rising prices but I can buy A LOT of chlorine for $1300. I know the materials have gone up for the SWG but has chlorine gone up that much to justify this purchase?

This is one of the reasons I decided to keep using my old Intex set-up. Everything pool related has jumped in price. My robot went up by $100 within days of me buying it.

I used to have an Intex pool too and bought that SWG in maybe 2012ish and I am pretty sure it was like $150. Last I looked a couple weeks ago that Intex one is WAY up too. Maybe I should sell the old one I still have.

I checked with my wife who bought the liquid chlorine about 2 weeks ago at Walmart and she said it was something like $3.84. That's about the same price as I've been buying it for the last few years. Unless it's gone way up in the past two weeks, I may just keep waiting. It's tough to justify $1300.

You absolutely should sell it - you can price it in a way that makes it a bargain for the buyer while still netting you a profit!

I bought all the associated piping, cement, elbows, etc. and was all ready for an install but was totally turned off by the price increases. I can buy 338 gallons of liquid chlorine from Walmart for $1300. That lasts me approximately 677 summer days when the pool is open--even longer when you consider early and late season I use less. For these reasons, I never bought it and should return all the piping. This is a really high price to pay for convenience.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
My pool that was on sale last April for $450 is $1350 on Amazon as of today! I paid just under $800 for my CircuPool SJ35+ a couple months ago. I would have liked to have seen what they cost before COVID, and all the other issues.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.