Would I be a fool to install Pentair easy touch with intelliconnect vs intellicenter

firemancline

Jan 24, 2021
Celina, OH
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I'm building a pretty basic 18x 36 rectangle pool. Wedge bottom only to 5ft. 4 inches deep. Mainly for some volleyball and relaxing on the vinyl over steel steps. Planning on 2-4 deck jets and a 24 inch sheer decent. Anyhow I was planning on a hayward control system, until seeing all the negative reviews, and reading some not good info on TFP. From what I have read on here Pentair intellicenter seems to be the newest greatest thing out. But I'm not sure It would be worth the extra $1500 or so. It seems I can get a Pentair easy touch with salt system for about $1300, and add the intelliconnect for about $250. All I really want to do is be able to turn on lights, and divert water to some deck jets either by a schedule or remotely so I don't get stagnet water in the lines. Would also be nice to see temp, and salt system remotely. Would the easy touch be able to perform these things, I know the intellicenter would, but it would be over $3000 and that wasn't in my initial budget which is quickly getting out of hand....any recommendations on lights would be great too. I've been looking at lights for a month and can't decide. I'm pretty sure I want nichless, but not sure even on that....this whole project will be DIY. Thanks for any help....

The Intelliconnect is the base automation from Pentair. Will control your pump, SWCG, and I believe a light or two. But no valve actuators, etc.

The Easytouch with ScreenLogic is old tech that will control your pump, SWCG, valve actuators, lights, etc. Screenlogic adds remote control via your phone. You do not need the Intelliconnect also. DO NOT look at the Easytouch Lite systems.

The Intellicenter is new tech that will control your pump, SWCG, valve actuators, lights, etc and has remote control via your phone built in.

So when comparing the systems, be sure you are looking at all the right parts.

F,

Looking at the same basic system, the EasyTouch with ScreenLogic is only about $500 less that the IntelliCenter.. So it does not make sense that one is $1500 and the other is $3000.. I don't you think you are comparing apples to apples..

Check out this website and compare their pricing for systems with the same capability... Here is an example.. An EasyTouch 4 with salt plus ScreenLogic.. vs. an IntelliCenter with salt (does not need ScreenLogic.. (Both pool only systems)

That said.... I have the EasyTouch and I would not spend the money to upgrade.. If I were to build a new pool, I would go with the IntelliCenter.
The EasyTouch will work just fine for 95% of people.. So will last year's computer, and cellphone, but most people want the latest and greatest.. :mrgreen:

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thanks for the info guys...you are right it is only about $500 more. Seems like a no brianer now. You guys know anything about S. R. Smith poolux light kit. How would that work with the Pentair? I'm thinking I need at least 3 of the small nichless lights. Thanks in advance...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.