Worried sick

Torym0428

Though I don't own a pool my place of employment does have a pool that hasn't been drained or shocked in 5 years. My dog thinks the pool is his water dish and I worry that this might be making him sick. He has recently been diagnosed with pancreatitis and am concerned that the pool water may have something to do with it. Any recommendations on a good test kit that I can purchase to test the water myself would greatly be appreciated.

Any recommendations on a good test kit that I can purchase to test the water myself would greatly be appreciated.
Order a TF-100

The only other real option for a test kit is a Taylor K-2006-C. Be careful comparing prices because the K-2006 comes in sizes, designated by a letter. The basic K-2006 has .75oz bottles. You need to get the K-2006-C to get the larger bottles that you want.

I also have the Speedstir. It makes testing much easier.

In and of itself, the fact the pool hasn't been drained or shocked is more likely an indication the pool is properly looked after. Pools should not need either draining or shocking. If the water is green or cloudy, or bathers tend to get a lot of earaches or conjunctivitis, that would indicate poor sanitation. Even then, there's a pretty good chance the pool is cleaner than puddles.

From what Ive experienced, pancreatitus in dogs is caused from feeding too much fat. Its pretty painful for pups. My vet recommended a very bland diet of well drained chicken and rice until they feel better.

Reactions: kimkats