Wooden Pool Coping

cale42

Jun 13, 2018
Rockford, IL
Hey all.. looking for some ideas. We have an OLD pool.. at least 40+ years could be much more so. Our coping is 1x8 lumber that is attached to the pool deck. The vinyl liner is then stapled directly into the lumber. Simple, but a little inelegant. It originally had a white vinyl strip layer over the top of the boards. However it was becoming cut and chipped and had sharp edges everywhere. So we opted to pull it off. So now we just have boards with lumber stretched over them. I don't love this because it is slick and it risks damaging the liner. But I'm struggling to come up with good ideas of how to re-cover it. Anyone here have a similar set up? Or seen ones? Looking for any and all ideas. Picture below.. thanks!!!

IMG_20200531_103223.jpgIMG_6791.JPG

I haven't seen this but it's likely the whole pool is wood framed. They make snap top coping caps that are old style they might fit over a 1x8. Not much you can do without installing face liner track to the wall then you could install coping of some sort

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.