Bronze Supporter
Dec 26, 2019
Conroe, Tx
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I had an electrician wire up my Stenner pump to the EasyTouch Aux 6 button nearly two years ago and it has worked flawlessly ever since. It really is a top notch piece of equipment, so much so that I just bought another one on ebay (used) to handle my acid dosing.

So today I thought i would go and wire up the 2nd one to the Aux 7 and just copy what the electrician done when he wired up the 1st (I was not at home when he done this). I really did think this would be an easy task!!!

So i removed the cover and I have no idea what is going on especially with the purple 'jumper' wire (My electrical knowledge is VERY limited).

I have attached a labeled photo of what I have.

I am hoping @Jimrahbe can jump on here and help me out. :)

Attachments

• Easytouch Wiring - Notated.jpg
    Easytouch Wiring - Notated.jpg
    169.6 KB · Views: 18
Last edited by a moderator:
Iam,

The Stenner needs 120 volts AC to run the pump.. The purple jumper is just connecting 120 volts to the Line 1 input of the Aux 6 relay... The Load1 output from the Aux 6 relay is going to your old Stenner..

All you need to do is add a jumper between Aux 6 Line1 over to the Aux 7 Line1.. Then wire Aux7 Load1 to your Stenner just exactly like the wiring for your current Stenner.

I "assume" your current Stenner is plugged into a standard AC outlet and that the outlet is what is connected to the EasyTouch.

If you just duplicate what you have now, only connect the hot wire from your new Stenner outlet to the Aux 7 Load1 pin, your new Stenner should work just fine.

Please let me know if this does not make sense..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: Iam1964
I "assume" your current Stenner is plugged into a standard AC outlet and that the outlet is what is connected to the EasyTouch.
Hi Jim,

Thanks for the help, I think I understand. I have attached another phote showing my plan with the white wire going into the GFI outlet and the green joining the other green on the 'ground' bar.

If you can check the attached sketch and tell me I am not going to fry myself I will get it done this weekend.

Oh....I am not sure what you mean by "plugged into a standard AC outlet", the pump is powered from the Easytouch and is not plugged in to an outlet.

Again thanks for the help. (y)

Attachments

• Easytouch  new  Wiring.jpg
    Easytouch new Wiring.jpg
    414.1 KB · Views: 9
Iam,

It sounds like they just hard wired the Stenner cable into the Aux relay.. That will work, it is just not how I would have done it. I'd have wired an outlet near the Stenner so that I would unplug the Stenner if I wanted..

You do not need an outlet.. Your drawing is what you need to do to make the Aux 7 relay control your new Stenner.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Yes, it is hard wired.

What does the white wire do that is connected to the outlet.

I know recently we had really bad thunderstorms here and the GFI blew which stopped the Stenner pump from working. Is it a safety thing?

Iam,

The white wire from your new Stenner needs to go the the exact same place the white wire from your old Stenner goes to..

This is because it is GFCI protected by the outlet in the side of your EasyTouch enclosure..

Either 14 or 12 gauge is what I would use... Basically the same wire that you are running to the Stenner.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: Iam1964

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hi Jim,

Sorry to bug you on a Saturday morning but I have a problem. I have wired up the pump but for some reason it blows the breaker in the GFI every time I switch it on.

I have attached a small video showing what I have done...... any ideas what I could have done wrong?

Thanks

Jim, emergency over.. I have it working.

I did not follow your instruction exactly. After re-reading you post I noticed you said to put the white wire in the exact same place as the old one. I did not do this and just put it in an empty connection. Reconnected to what you told me and now it works.

Thanks again.

Ian.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.