Wiring SWG via a junction box

Jul 7, 2017
Chandler, AZ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Is it kosher to install a weatherproof junction box between the timer and my pump and SWG? I ask because a lot of the tutorials I read say to pull another wire from the timer, but for some reason our timer is all the way around on the other side of the house.

This article from Inyo says that wiring with a junction box is ok, just want to make sure.

Last edited:
Is it kosher to install a weatherproof junction box between the timer and my pump and SWG? I ask because a lot of the tutorials I read say to pull another wire from the timer, but for some reason our timer is all the way around on the other side of the house.

This article from Inyo says that wiring with a junction box is ok, just want to make sure:

Merk,

I can't think of any reason that a junction box would not be OK.

But... would it not make more sense to have the timer where the junction box is and the junction box where the timer is now?

I assume that the junction box is near the equipment pad, which is where timer should be, so that you can quickly shut off power to the pump and SWCG.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: TheMerk
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.