Wiring help with Pentair Compool Easytouch

ChadJ

Jan 28, 2016
Delray Beach, FL
Hi TFP friends. I’m in the midst on a pool renovation (tile and plaster) and am repurposing a vacuum line that I don’t use for a nicheless light. I’m trying to figure out if I have an available AUX line to connect the new light to, because it is a different brand and has a different sequence than my existing light. On my control panel, it appears AUX 6 and AUX 7 are available. But I’m having trouble identifying the proper line-out for either of these to connect the new light. Based on these images, can anyone point me in the right direction?

Attachments

• IMG_7206.jpeg
    IMG_7206.jpeg
    461.4 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_7196.jpeg
    IMG_7196.jpeg
    414.6 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_7195.jpeg
    IMG_7195.jpeg
    496.3 KB · Views: 8
Find which relays are plugged into J14 and J15.

Then follow their wires back to the connector block for the relays.

Compool EasyTouch.jpeg

Thank you so much for the quick reply! I’m having trouble figuring out how the diagram maps to the wires in the other picture. Based on the wires, it looks like all the AUX ports have wires coming from them. On my controller, they look unassigned. Based on the picture, can you tell if these ports are already occupied?

Chad,

It appears to me that your old system has 5 relays... Pump/Filter relay and then Aux 1, 2, 3 and 4 relays.. Your Aux 5 has no relay and I suspect it just changes the pump speed, so no relay is required.

To use Aux 6 or 7 to drive a light, you will need to add a relay.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Jim, yes, AUX 5 is labeled “High Speed” and puts the pump speed up. I use this occasionally to bump up the circulation, but if there is a smarter way to control it, I’d be happy to repurpose that relay for the light. Would that be a possibility?

Ahhh, thanks guys. Now I understand. Think I have a plan B. My blower has been dead for years and we never really use it anyways. I’m going to repurpose that output/relay and, if I decide down the road that I want a blower, I’ll address it then. Thank you all for being a tremendous and helpful resource!

Thank you all for being a tremendous and helpful resource!
We are glad you have found our information helpful. Please, if you can, consider making a donation to TFP. We are staffed by volunteers and are registered as an IRS 501 (c) (3) charity and donations are what keeps the forum operating without advertisements.

Support TFP!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.