Wiring for Homeline 50 Amp 2-Space 4-Circuit Spa Panel Main Lug Load Center

eco-help

Bronze Supporter
Apr 4, 2014
Tampa, Florida
Can anyone send me a photo of how you have your wiring for a sub-panel to a spa? My electrician used a breaker from old time spa hookup and it doesnt work.

Now I have a breaker/box that will work but I need a photo to show me what lead goes where.

Is the electrician a licensed electrician?

Why can't they come out and make it right?

Show pictures of what you have.
Yes I used a licensed electrician he moved old panel from lanai to deck location didn’t realize old style breaker doesn’t have the third connection (neutral) required for neutral from hot tub so he wired to neutral bar.. this was Friday.. Saturday hot tub delivered I hooked up whip to hot tub power on tripped breaker. Called Spa dealer (who were awesome) - they told me I need new style breaker.. went to HD bought panel with breaker (cause they don’t sell breaker alone I was told)…. New breaker on old panel doesn’t snap in (the bottom clips are different )… removed panel and replaced with new one..
Now I just want to make sure I have it right.. I believe I do (still working on connections many wires were too long)

I have:
Main panel to sub panel:
Neutral to neutral bar
Ground to ground
Red and black to the top of the breaker connections

Breaker cooled neutral cable to neutral bar

Sub panel to spa:
Black and red to breaker
Neutral to breaker neutral (the connection the old breaker didn’t have)
Ground to neutral bar

I will upload a photo but I haven’t finished the connections

I have the electrician coming back tomorrow but I have been requested to make it work today
Meanwhile I have a hot tub full of water getting more green..
Thank you for your help

Yes I used a licensed electrician he moved old panel from lanai to deck location didn’t realize old style breaker doesn’t have the third connection (neutral) required for neutral from hot tub so he wired to neutral bar.. this was Friday.. Saturday hot tub delivered I hooked up whip to hot tub power on tripped breaker. Called Spa dealer (who were awesome) - they told me I need new style breaker.. went to HD bought panel with breaker (cause they don’t sell breaker alone I was told)…. New breaker on old panel doesn’t snap in (the bottom clips are different )… removed panel and replaced with new one..
Now I just want to make sure I have it right.. I believe I do (still working on connections many wires were too long)

I have:
Main panel to sub panel:
Neutral to neutral bar
Ground to ground
Red and black to the top of the breaker connections

Breaker cooled neutral cable to neutral bar

Sub panel to spa:
Black and red to breaker
Neutral to breaker neutral (the connection the old breaker didn’t have)
Ground to neutral bar

I will upload a photo but I haven’t finished the connections

I have the electrician coming back tomorrow but I have been requested to make it work today
Meanwhile I have a hot tub full of water getting more green..
Thank you for your help
Here is the photo - I realize I need to shorten the wires and connect black and red..

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    402.6 KB · Views: 18
Other than connecting the ground to the ground bar, I don’t see a specific issue, but I would want a licensed electrician to give final approval before the spa is used.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.